Scheduled TAH Surgery eve, all alone and nervous as heck!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery eve, all alone and nervous as heck!! Surgery eve, all alone and nervous as heck!!

Unread 03-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Surgery eve, all alone and nervous as heck!!

Well here it is, the night before my surgery and I am all alone. My husband works overnights and will not be home until an hour prior to having to take me to the hospital and the kids are with my mom. I have packed and cleaned and now all I can think about is tomorrow. I just keep thinking about the 'what ifs' and have myself a nervous wreck!! I know that once this is over it will be worth it, but the waiting is killing me!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Re: Surgery eve, all alone and nervous as heck!!

I'm sorry you are alone tonight of all nights too! I just found this site today my surgery is the 25th. All these people are with you right now through the miracle of the internet! We all have you in our thoughts as we are all waiting to go through this too! I send u a big hug! and a prayer for a smooth surgery and strength to undergo it! hang in there good luck, my day is coming too. kirstin
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Thank you so much. Good luck with your surgery too. I will keep you in my thoughts as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2010, 08:08 PM

Oh that is tough! Have you thought about maybe watching a comedy or something like that? I know the eve before my surgery I watched tons of t.v. which is something I typically don't do. I just wanted something to take my mind of the next day. It helped a bit.

Sending you hugs and good wishes for your surgery!
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Best wishes to you for a relaxing and calm evening, a successful surgery, and an easy recovery. I'll see you over at the Post Op board! Take care!
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Good luck to you. I'm having my surgery too. I agree, watch some comedies or take a nice relaxing bubble bath.
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:31 PM

You will fine - had my TAH on 1.11.10 and I was nervous the night before but watched lots of TV and finally fell asleep.
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:44 PM

Sorry to hear that you are alone tonight! I just had mine a week and also did all of the "what-ifs". My recomendation is to stay OFF the computer (reframe from any more "research" over everything) but is the same as the others...Watch TV (get some good laughing in as it hurts a bit afterwards), take a bubble bath, and try to pamper yourself a bit. (You could see if Bravo or one of the channels has a marathon going on, like Project Runway...the stuff that is hard to convince others to watch when everyone is at home ;-) Pamper yourself and you will be in my thoughts tonight & tomorrow!
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:47 PM

My advice take a long relaxing bath...pamper yourself tonight with a scrub, a good soak maybe a facial...light some candles and celebrate a new you on the way. Things will be great and you will do good, we are all with you. Enjoy the bath it is the one thing I miss...not released to take one yet.
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:48 PM

Just wanted to wish you a peaceful night and believe me the waiting is the worst part!! May you be calm in the morning and know that you will soon be a pampered princess!

TAH-LSO- Feb 3rd

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register