Kind of a Gross question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kind of a Gross question Kind of a Gross question

Unread 05-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Kind of a Gross question

Was scheduled for vaginal hyst on Thurs - Dr office called this afternoon and canceled. Anyway the question I have is that sometime (most of the time) it feels like my rectum is falling out too. Will this go away with the prolapsed uterus or is this something totally different that I should have checked out before I re-schedule.

lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 05:20 PM
There are no gross questions to ask your doctor

Lori,
In my opinion, I suggest that you tell your doctor all of your symptoms, no matter how gross they may be.
In my own experience, I happen to mention to my doctor that I felt that 'everything was falling out'. She immediately sent me to a urologist for tests. Sure enough, my bladder was falling out. My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday and both my problems will be surgically fixed.
Unread 05-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Kind of a Gross question

You should definitely have this checked out before you reschedule. Whether this goes away with the prolapsed uterus depends upon what is causing the problem. Don't be embarrassed to tell your DR about your concerns. They've heard it all before.

Ashley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Kind of a Gross question

the feeling of the "rectum falling out" could be caused by any number of things. the only way youre going to find out if its something significant causing the feeling is to discuss this with your Dr. it would be a shame to find out after surgery, should you still have the problem it could have been treated at the time of your hysterectomy.
theres nothing you could tell a Dr that he/she would find "gross". speak up--only then will your DR know whats ailing you.
stay well
diana
Unread 05-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Kind of a Gross question

Definitely talk to your doctor. It could be that you are developing a rectocele that may require a repair along with the hysterectomy. If your doctor knows this ahead of time it could be corrected right away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register