hysterectomy/tummy tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy/tummy tuck hysterectomy/tummy tuck

Unread 03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
hysterectomy/tummy tuck

I am getting so nervous. I am 34, no children and about to have a hysterectomy (April 9th) due to large fibroids. My GYN now offers tummy tucks and liposuction as a part of his practice, so I will meet with him the week before to discuss having tt in conjunction with hysterectomy. I don't know what to expect and I don't really know what questions to ask. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 04:44 PM
hysterectomy/tummy tuck

do it do it do it!! I did and I'm sooooo glad, I fit in pants again I wasn't overly large before, but had the 3 baby roll, which I guess my gyn specializes in removing when he does hysterectomys. It's a long incision, 50 staples, and you will have a drain for the first week, draining fluid from the incision. I went home 2 days after mine! Good luck to you, and take those pain meds
Unread 03-24-2007, 05:00 PM
hysterectomy/tummy tuck

Is your incision a baikini cut?? my my myomectomy 11 years ago was vertical so I am not sure if they can do a trummy tuck with a vertical scar there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 05:18 PM
hysterectomy/tummy tuck

no, it's a bikini cut, not sure if they can do a tummy tuck with a vertical scar
Unread 03-24-2007, 07:52 PM
hysterectomy/tummy tuck

Thanks for your response Freswench. It's been about a month since your procedure; how is your recovery going? About how much longer do you think you will be home from work?
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:14 PM
hysterectomy/tummy tuck

I had both procedures. Rough recovery. I am glad I did it. I had 2 surgeons. My gyn and Plastics guy scheduled the procedures at the same time. It took some work, but they did it and i love it now. If you asked me 4 weeks out I would have answered differently.

Ask your dr if you can see pictures of his completed cases. There are a lot of goofy skin puckers, and "dog ears" that you need to be aware of. You also need to see a few scars so you know what to expect. Research the quality of his/her work, especially if the surgeon is "now offering" and inexperienced. They also should take before and after pictures of you for comparison. My PS actually had a computer in the o.r. with my pictures up as a point of reference during surgery.

Good luck, I hope your surgeon is great and skilled and you get a really great result. As my OR nurse said, "if you have to have the hyst, you deserve the tuck!!!"
FF
Unread 03-24-2007, 09:27 PM
hysterectomy/tummy tuck

hi indaji, I'm due to go back april 12 after my april 10 post op. I'm a (ortho) rehab nurse so it's a physical job, feeling pretty good, but I definitely feel when I do too much. I get a pulling "stitch" in my right side when that happens. The incision looks good thanks to vitamin E nightly applications by my dh (haha it's all he can do!) Mederma is supposed to be good too, but MUCH more expensive. take care jeannie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register