TAH 1 week postop hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week postop hysterectomy 1 week postop hysterectomy

Unread 04-02-2014, 09:32 AM
1 week postop hysterectomy

Today makes one week since I had my hysterectomy and I must admit I have had many surgeries but out of all of them this one for me has been the most painful one. I can tolerate pain alot but this is the first time I have ever used the whole bottle of narcotics.I don't regret at all having the surgery done. I had mines done laparoscopic and vaginal and must admit I am always so drained. I don't have an appetite I eat one meal a day and drink all day when I am not walking or sleeping. Well welcome to my week pos op and I will keep you all updated hope your journey s are going well. be blessed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Re: 1 week postop hysterectomy

Hi Judy! I'm 12 days out and know what you mean about being drained. I have had surgeries in the past also but this one has thrown me for a loop. Was very optomistic in the beginning as the recovery seemed to be going fast but now it has slowed down. Was on the couch most of the day yesterday. Guess it is a longer journey than I thought. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 04-02-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi P View Post
Hi Judy! I'm 12 days out and know what you mean about being drained. I have had surgeries in the past also but this one has thrown me for a loop. Was very optomistic in the beginning as the recovery seemed to be going fast but now it has slowed down. Was on the couch most of the day yesterday. Guess it is a longer journey than I thought. Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for your reply Cyndi. I wonder how long i will feel so drained? I also want to wish you well and hope that we both feel better in due time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2014, 09:59 AM

I am 1 week post op and feel the same. Thought it was me. Hope you feel better ☺️
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldi3 View Post
I am 1 week post op and feel the same. Thought it was me. Hope you feel better ☺️
Well Hello Cooldi3 my hysterectomy twin. I hope you feel better soon as well
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:09 AM

Today is one week for me too. The pain meds make me itch and keep me awake. I hadn't slept in days, so yesterday I decided to quit taking them. BIG MISTAKE! I made it through the day barely and went to bed at 9:00. Good news is that I slept through the night... Bad news is I woke up at 7, got out of bed to use the restroom and almost fell to the floor in pain. I took the pain medicine immediately and got back in bed... Guess that is where I will stay today.
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro0530 View Post
Today is one week for me too. The pain meds make me itch and keep me awake. I hadn't slept in days, so yesterday I decided to quit taking them. BIG MISTAKE! I made it through the day barely and went to bed at 9:00. Good news is that I slept through the night... Bad news is I woke up at 7, got out of bed to use the restroom and almost fell to the floor in pain. I took the pain medicine immediately and got back in bed... Guess that is where I will stay today.
Oh wow Astro0530 please. Call your doctor and inform your doctor about the itching with the pain meds and not being able to sleep and maybe the doctor can prescribe something else for you. Please drink alot of fluid and keepme updated on your progress. That is not good you falling please take it easy and be well
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:32 PM

So sorry to hear y'all are still in so much pain!! Honestly I expected to feel bad and hurt for a long time. I'm only 9 days out and I have been to Wal-Mart 3 times, showered 4 times and have been riding to get my kids from school with my mom..Finally put regular day clothes on 2 days ago..Have been out of bed for 3 days now and may take 1 pain pill every other day or so..I'm still real uncomfortable and hurt certain ways I move but over all I'm shocked as to how good I'm doing this soon..I had LAVH...Uterus, cervix & tubes removed..I had bad scar tissue and major adhesions..My uterus, bladder, left ovary and bowel were all attached and stuck to my abdomen. .Doc said my uterus was literally stuck! So with all that work he had to do I can't believe I'm not still stuck in bed...Wish you all a quicker recovery!! Oh but the gas pains were HORRIBLE. .Thought I was gonna have a heart attack!
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittney81 View Post
So sorry to hear y'all are still in so much pain!! Honestly I expected to feel bad and hurt for a long time. I'm only 9 days out and I have been to Wal-Mart 3 times, showered 4 times and have been riding to get my kids from school with my mom..Finally put regular day clothes on 2 days ago..Have been out of bed for 3 days now and may take 1 pain pill every other day or so..I'm still real uncomfortable and hurt certain ways I move but over all I'm shocked as to how good I'm doing this soon..I had LAVH...Uterus, cervix & tubes removed..I had bad scar tissue and major adhesions..My uterus, bladder, left ovary and bowel were all attached and stuck to my abdomen. .Doc said my uterus was literally stuck! So with all that work he had to do I can't believe I'm not still stuck in bed...Wish you all a quicker recovery!! Oh but the gas pains were HORRIBLE. .Thought I was gonna have a heart attack!
Brittney81 thanks. For writing back. I am so happy you are feeling great. I think that is amazing that you are up and about my sister had a open hysterectomy in January and felt good enough in 2 Weeks to go back to work. I just spoke with the doctor and she states my stomach pain is normal and that i should use more of a heating pad for stomach pain and so far it seems to be working. I wish you continue success on you recovery and have faith i will feel well soon.
Unread 04-02-2014, 02:06 PM

I am one week out. I was out 2 days after the surgery for a brief trip grocery shopping with my husband. Doc told me I could shower or have a bath the next day. I have been having some cramping and light discharge with a little blood and faint odor. Also, I feel a lot of pressure in the vaginal and rectal region that is relieved when I urinate or recline. If I am standing or sitting, I feel a tingling sensation. Has anyone else had this sensation? Also, doc let me drive today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register