Not Scheduled Going into hysterectomy surgery feeling like a zombie - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going into hysterectomy surgery feeling like a zombie Going into hysterectomy surgery feeling like a zombie

Unread 09-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Re: Going into hysterectomy surgery feeling like a zombie

Thanks. Just trying to find energy for moms surgery Thurs. I just can't help feeling something is way off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2014, 12:40 AM

So during moms talk with anesthesiologist today my mom mentioned I'd be here soon. Ugh. I'm terrified of general anesthesia even though I've had it twice. I've never seen the inside of a recovery room but I can hear. It really bothers me to not be able to vocalize if I'm hurting or whatever. I'm hoping my app with anesthesiologist pre surgery will help calm me down. Now I have to prepare for endometrial biopsy. Which sounds scary in itself
Unread 09-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Going into hysterectomy surgery feeling like a zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreeve View Post
So during moms talk with anesthesiologist today my mom mentioned I'd be here soon. Ugh. I'm terrified of general anesthesia even though I've had it twice. I've never seen the inside of a recovery room but I can hear. It really bothers me to not be able to vocalize if I'm hurting or whatever. I'm hoping my app with anesthesiologist pre surgery will help calm me down. Now I have to prepare for endometrial biopsy. Which sounds scary in itself

Sending you big hugs while you hang in there.

The good news is if you're just having a basic endometrial biopsy, it's fast. I had it done in my gynecologist's office and it took less than three minutes from start to finish.

Yes, I did find it a bit painful but the pain was far more brief than I had anticipated. The more intense pain lasted about 20 seconds in total, and the duller ache (which didn't even warrant taking Tylenol for) lasted about an hour. I had some spotting for about a day (some women don't) and that was it. Honestly, I expected something far more brutal than what it actually turned out to be.

Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgo! View Post
Sending you big hugs while you hang in there.

The good news is if you're just having a basic endometrial biopsy, it's fast. I had it done in my gynecologist's office and it took less than three minutes from start to finish.

Yes, I did find it a bit painful but the pain was far more brief than I had anticipated. The more intense pain lasted about 20 seconds in total, and the duller ache (which didn't even warrant taking Tylenol for) lasted about an hour. I had some spotting for about a day (some women don't) and that was it. Honestly, I expected something far more brutal than what it actually turned out to be.

Best of luck to you!
Ok good. I haven't had kids so pretty nervous. He said he'd use a numbing gel or something.
Unread 09-19-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Ok good. I haven't had kids so pretty nervous. He said he'd use a numbing gel or something.

Yup, me neither! I didn't get numbing gel, so you'll be even better off than I was :-)
Unread 09-19-2014, 02:26 PM

I was also given a ferritin level of 5 and was crawling into bed for afternoon naps every day at 4 pm after dragging myself around at work all day. I went with a few natural options plus an iron supplement recommended by my gyn & managed to bring it back up - they were also talking transfusions for me.

What'd I do? Blood Builder from Mega Foods (not nearly as binding as other OTC supplements), a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in my coffee (or in hot water w/apple cider vinegar), and plenty of liver, oysters and mussels. People also recommended dried apricots or raisins as another good source of iron. Plus - of course - sticking to my afternoon nap regimen!
Unread 09-19-2014, 08:18 PM

My ferritin is normal however I found out today my bone marrow showed up not normal. They believe it's bone marrow working overtime. Ugh
Unread 09-19-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Hi again Sreeve,

When is your Mom's surgery? Please let us know how she is.

I hate being put under general anesthesia and begged her to use an epidural and put me in lala land - she couldn't but stressed making sure the anesthesiologist knew what I felt like in the past. I always felt like I was in a nightmare and out of control. He adjusted what I was given and it was the best experience I have had with one. Be sure to tell him your fears and what happens.

: to you.
Unread 09-19-2014, 08:50 PM

Moms surgery was yesterday. Bladder repair. She's home tonight and doing well. Surgeon said I could have a pre op app with anesthesiologist. I agree. I feel like I can't communicate and with PTSD it's really scary for me
Unread 09-19-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Moms surgery was yesterday. Bladder repair. She's home tonight and doing well. Surgeon said I could have a pre op app with anesthesiologist. I agree. I feel like I can't communicate and with PTSD it's really scary for me
Yes, go for the pre op appt. It will help - honest. I have never dealt with PTSD personally but both my sons have from their tours in Afghanistan. I do know that it is hard and it can affect every area of your life. It would be good to discuss that with your doctor so he can help you during all of this.

Please know you are not alone. Your sisters are with you all the way.

So glad your Mom is doing well.

to both of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register