6 days post hysterectomy: Pain where right ovary used to be? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post hysterectomy: Pain where right ovary used to be? 6 days post hysterectomy: Pain where right ovary used to be?

Unread 03-14-2016, 01:40 PM
6 days post hysterectomy: Pain where right ovary used to be?

Hi!
So my in-laws helped me and took my two daughters for the day. I did a few little loads of laundry and some paperwork organization I had put off for a while. I sat on the carpet to do this. I don't know if I overdid it, but I'm now having pain where my right ovary used to be (still have my left ovary). Did any of you have pain there after your surgery if you overdid it?
Also, do any of you have to urinate more after your surgery? I hope this subsided soon.
Thanks for your help!
Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Re: Pain where right ovary used to be?

Hi, yes, you can have pain where your surgeon performed surgery. . I have both ovaries but I was experiencing pain in both those areas for a couple weeks. It was a pain plus aching. Cold pacs or heating pad was my friend.

I wasnt sure if I was urinating more bc prior to surgery, I had uterine fibroid cause me to go a bit more often. Post op, my bladder felt tender & I wasnt sure if I needed to go or not, so I would just go..

This is a slow recovery so you may have different pains & sensations. Feel better!
Unread 03-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Re: 6 days post hysterectomy: Pain where right ovary used to be?

Thanks for replying. That pain has gone away, but now I am having a stinging pain next to my left hip laparoscopic incision. I don't now if I over did it yesterday, or I coughed or sneezed and aggravated it. Ugh, I hate being a worry wart about this. lol! Thank you, sweetie! You too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope3707 View Post
Hi!
So my in-laws helped me and took my two daughters for the day. I did a few little loads of laundry and some paperwork organization I had put off for a while. I sat on the carpet to do this. I don't know if I overdid it, but I'm now having pain where my right ovary used to be (still have my left ovary). Did any of you have pain there after your surgery if you overdid it?
Also, do any of you have to urinate more after your surgery? I hope this subsided soon.
Thanks for your help!
Angela
I'm 9 days post-op. My pain overall has been fine but I kept having sever pain around my right ovary and lower back. I had to go to the doc Monday to have it checked. I have a bladder infection. Apparently common after hysterectomies due to the catheter. If I didn't have this issue I would be feeling great but it really has me limited
Unread 03-18-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Holt View Post
I'm 9 days post-op. My pain overall has been fine but I kept having sever pain around my right ovary and lower back. I had to go to the doc Monday to have it checked. I have a bladder infection. Apparently common after hysterectomies due to the catheter. If I didn't have this issue I would be feeling great but it really has me limited
Those are the worst! This is the first time I've had a catheter and did not get one. I hope you're feeling better really soon!
Unread 03-18-2016, 02:31 PM
Re: 6 days post hysterectomy: Pain where right ovary used to be?

When in doubt if you over did it, I find the best approach then is to take it real easy for a couple of days before it pushes you back a step in healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register