pity party | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-02-2002, 01:19 PM
pity party

I know I am being whiney, but I am just having a hard day. Have felt on the verge of panic all day. I have so much I need to get done. and can't seem to get anyting accomplished. Can't find anyone to help move some furniture I need tomorrow and can't find anyone to take care of my little dog while im in the castle.

I just feel like im going to go crzy todya.......if I wasn't already there.

Ive been in and out of chat today.......while I should be working......but seems like most people actually have a life and aren't there......or leave as soon as I get there. Guess my timing isn't good.
So here I am talking to myself on the computer.........I just want to go to sleep and sleep till wednesday and have all my work magically get done.............I feel so scared an alone right now................

Thanks for letting me whine............
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Hi Nancy,

I know exactly how you feel because that is exactly how I felt the day before my surgery. I was at work, trying to leave a couple of hours early so I could get some stuff done at home, and every time I thought I was through, someone else would dump something else on my desk that had to be finished before I could leave. So I was only able to leave an hour early.

Then when I got home, I like to have killed myself trying to get stuff done, plus my daughter was moving in that day, and trying to cram all of her furniture and clothes and personal effects in my small one bedroom apartment. (Half of it is on my porch, my beautiful, tropical porch where I had planned to spend some of my recovery time, but can't now, because I can't even walk out there for the boxes and furniture!)

Anyway, to make a long story short, about half of the stuff I wanted to do didn't get done. And you know what, looking at it from the "other side", it doesn't matter. So what if my carpet looks like a confetti parade went by, so what if I can't find my electric bill or any of my paperwork I need, so what if there's so much stuff crammed in my closet that I can't get the door shut. None of that matters. What matters is that I came through surgery okay, that I'm recupperating and getting stronger, that daily I'm feeling better and will someday soon be back to my normal healthy bouncy self.

Funny how your priorities shift when you go through a major event.

Just hang in there. You'll get done what needs to be done. But take some time for you. Take a long, hot candlelight bubble bath with some soothing music (you won't get a chance for that for six weeks afterwards.) Watch your favorite movie. Go out with some friends and enjoy yourself at your favorite restaurant. Pamper yourself. And don't sweat the small stuff (and it's all small stuff!)

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-02-2002, 01:39 PM
special teach

Oh God, can I join your party? I wish I was close enough to look after your little dog. Cept I'm going in on the same day as you!

I had to go fishing for the day yesterday with my dh. So no housework done. Today we had a family birthday party. 8 of the kids/grandkids in my dh's family have birthdays at the end of May, beginning of June, so we have one big party. No housework done today either, just more mess from cooking for the party!

I have to work tomorrow, so won't get much done unless I do housework in the evening. (I just know the undone stuff is going to jump out at me everyday when I am recuperating!)

I am taking Tuesday off to try to finish everything. I desparately need to get my hair cut, so will have to be that day too.

Mostly I'm just quietly freaking. Let's get together and see who can have the freakiest freak. I'll catch you when you bounce off the wall, you catch me. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2002, 01:49 PM
I love you!!

Just wanted to let you know that it is ok to "freak out"!! And like they say about the housework...it will wait 'til you recuperate!!! (atleast I hope it will 'cuz mine is going to have to wait!!) My office asked me to come in a few days this week, and I had planned to devote all my time off to get my house all lined up the way I would like to have it. Ain't gonna happen!! I still have to get the kids stuff cleaned and packed for their two weeks away from home and then get my stuff ready for my 3 days away from home!!

Follow the other ladies advice! Take some time out to do the things that you aren't gonna be able to do for a while after your surgery!! Take some time for YOU!!!

'S!!!

I hope things will work out for you!

Worse case scenario for the dog, could you send it to your vets office for a few days? I know it ain't cheap, but hopefully it would only be for 2 or 3 days???

Hope to see you in chat! I'm headed there shortly!!

aka cathurd1
Unread 06-02-2002, 01:49 PM
pity party

LOL Lynn even if you were close enough.....YOU couldn't look after my dog..........we will be in castles at the same time
Unread 06-02-2002, 02:05 PM
pity party

I know we are in the castle at the same time, but I'd nominate my dh for the job! He loves dogs, and he does a good job of looking after all the family's pets when they go on vacation.

I don't know if your dog is at all jumpy, just remember to protect your abdomin when you get home. My dog is a med. size springer spaniel, and she loves to push her head under your arm or into your stomach when she wants attention. I will have to watch her carefully, cause she sneaks up on you! LOL

I'm so glad I have someone who can take care of those things for me. Although, my dh is going to have some problems too. He has a back injury and can't push or pull or lift anything heavy, so I better not fall down! LOL Getting groceries is going to be a treat, neither one of us will be able to push the cart or lift the bags into the trunk! LOL I will have to have my adult son drive the old foggies into town for the day....not too strenuous...just a few hours....maybe we could stop for some ice cream....LOL

Remember to be nice to your kids...they are the ones who get to choose your nursing home!!! LOL
Unread 06-02-2002, 10:14 PM
pity party

Nancy,

I have accomplished only 1/10th of my "to do" list. Tomorrow - or today since I can't sleep again - will be a busy day. Get done what you feel like doing or have to get done.
Unread 06-02-2002, 10:34 PM
pity party

Dear Nancy,

Just a thought - your local newspaper or phone book might be a good source to look for a "Pet Sitter" which would be a lot less stressful for your little dog than the vet's. I used to work at a vet's office and we often gave out referrals to inquiring customers looking for an alternative to keeping thier pets at the vets. Sometimes the "Pet Sitters" would take care of the pet at thier house and sometimes they would look after them at the owner's house. Ask your local vet for a name, they probably have somebody who does this. Good luck.

Lauren

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register