Almost 6 wks postop....think I lifted too much | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 6 wks postop....think I lifted too much Almost 6 wks postop....think I lifted too much

Unread 07-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Almost 6 wks postop....think I lifted too much

Yesterday I forgot about the surgery (yeah) and picked up....ok, don't yell....a 45# bucket of wheat. It didn't even hurt at the time. I really just lowered it to the floor as it was on top of another bucket to begin with. Anyway, this was about mid day. Last night at church I started hurting in my UPPER abdomen mostly, but some lower. It really feels muscular in nature because it hurst when I move and when I inhale and exhale. It is even sore to the touch a bit.

Is this the type of pain caused from lifting something when you haven't done it in a LONG time? BTW, today it is better, but I am starting to feel it again in the last couple hours. The only other thing I did differently was sit up at church for a regular day...2 hours in the morning and 2 in the evening. So I figured it was the lifting.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM

I did something similar - just lifted something without thinking - it's easily done. Hopefully you have not done any damage and will just be aware of the bit of strain you have put on the muscles - maybe take it a wee bit easier for a day or two? Not sure sitting at church for such long periods can be comfy for you!
take care and try to remember the rules - there are very good reasons for them even though they do seem excessive at times! you usually only find out what the reasons are when you have broken the rules and are suffering as a result!
Unread 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM

45# is pretty heavy to be lifting!
I did the same thing at work at just past the sixth wk mark...I was given a 40# wt restriction & lifted two pans of product that weighed just over that. It sounds like I had the same pain sensation as you did/do. I called the doc's office to check & was told I really could not do too much damage (other than a hernia) at this point---but that I just had probably "hurt myself." Normal hurt--like, "ouch, I shouldent have done that!" We can still pull those muscles that havent been used-- like you stated.
I still have to do heavy lifting on the job, and sometimes it hurts-but I am able to do a little more with a little less pain as each couple of weeks goes by.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register