cervix cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cervix cancer cervix cancer

Unread 08-16-2001, 06:39 AM
cervix cancer

I have a 3 mm tumor in the cervix, my hysterectomy will take place the 24th of September.

I am very scared of the operation as last year when I had my only son by c-section I had a lot of pain, it took ages to recover and I still (1 year later) have a "bump" in the belly and it is still sensitive.

For all those reasons I would like to knoz how big is the scar, is it very painfull to get up of bed and walk, how long until I can lift my one year old son?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2001, 06:46 AM
cervix cancer

Isabel,

First let me say I am so sorry about your tumor. I trust that this surgery will provide full healing from that.

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 11 weeks ago. My horizontal incision (bikini cut) is about 8 inches long. Yes it hurt, but not as bad as I expected! Getting up and down was hard the first week or so and then got easier. I spent most of my time in the recliner -- much easier than getting out of bed. However, MAKE yourself get up and walk -- you'll regret it if you don't (scar tissue and more pain).

I don't know how much your baby weighs, but I wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 6 weeks (and for the first 2 I couldn't even lift that much). However, some of the ladies with kids may be able to give you alternative suggestions. I don't know if it's wise to have someone else place him in your arms after you're sitting or not. Ladies?

You are in the right place. Go to the pull-down menus and do searches for the things most on your mind, and post questions for anything you don't find. This is a wealth of information and we are here to help you!

Good luck with your surgery. The waiting IS the worst part ... really.

Rosa
Unread 08-16-2001, 07:21 AM
cervix cancer

First let me say how sorry I am to hear of your tumor, and to remind you that this surgery is going to be the best thing ever for you.

I to just had a tah/bso and I am only 7days post-op. I had two c-sections, and that is where they put my incision this time. But my Dr. also fixed my lump in my old incision as well. So I am real excited to see the new look.

You will do fine , and you will heal faster then you think, but not that you can get up and do things, but fast enough to where you will be able to be home quickly and recover there.

As for holding your son, well maybe after you are feeling stronger, you could put a pillow over your tummy, and someone could sit near you while you give your baby some TLC. The pillow will make you feel more secure that the baby won't be able to hurt the incision area. Just don't lean to pick him up, have someone lift him to you, to give you his sweet baby kisses.

Again, your going to do fine, and the fear of cancer is almost over for you. Don't over do it and rest. The more rest and TLC you get the faster you will feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register