Vaginal hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hysterectomy Vaginal hysterectomy

Unread 11-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Vaginal hysterectomy

My Dr. Is planning on a vaginal hystetectomy, but I just read you are not a candidate if you haven't had a vaginal birth. Is this true? And why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Re: Vaginal hysterectomy

Not true. I have never had kids and I had a LAVH - laparascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy. It is absolutely an option, depending on what other issues you might be dealing with.
Unread 11-02-2016, 01:30 PM

I had not heard that either but the person to ask is your surgeon. If he's confident he can do a vaginal procedure, then trust that he can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2016, 07:26 PM

Here is an article with questions to ask your doctor and it also explains the different types of Hysterectomy surgery that are available.

Types of Hysterectomy

Don't be afraid to ask your doctor questions so that you are confident you know why a specific surgery is being recommended.

Also, if you haven't already done so, it is highly recommended that you get another medical option.
Learn all your options!

Hugs and best of luck.
Unread 11-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Vaginal hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeBloodyMary View Post
Not true. I have never had kids and I had a LAVH - laparascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy. It is absolutely an option, depending on what other issues you might be dealing with.
Thank you!
Unread 11-02-2016, 10:19 PM

I had the same conversation with my surgeon yesterday at my pre-op. She knows I have never been pregnant and she was the one who did my hysteroscopy, so she knows how much space there is in there! She's pretty sure she can get the uterus out vaginally, but said she will switch to TLH if there's not room vaginally.
Unread 11-03-2016, 12:46 AM
Vaginal hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraMarie View Post
My Dr. Is planning on a vaginal hystetectomy, but I just read you are not a candidate if you haven't had a vaginal birth. Is this true? And why?
I had a lab assisted vaginal hysterectomy and I've never given birth. It worked just fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register