going to the castle on feb 12th.an have lots of ?'s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going to the castle on feb 12th.an have lots of ?'s going to the castle on feb 12th.an have lots of ?'s

Unread 02-07-2003, 06:05 AM
going to the castle on feb 12th.an have lots of ?'s

i lost the link to what to take to the castle with me. i just bought some pjs boxer type ones. an my own soap an a new toothbrush an i bought a pillow a small one . an i'm taking my slippers an bathrobe.an under things but is there anything else i should need for there either leave me a note or the link that tells you what to bring. thanks alot . haveing everything includeing ovaries taken out due to endo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2003, 06:21 AM

Hi!

The link to the list is on the home page under on the left side under "Hints - Articles" then "Pre op Articles".

I personally believe in traveling light. All I took was toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, hair brush, moisturizer, non petroleum based lip balm, slippers and robe.

I didn't bother with my own nighties, with a catheter and iv the hosp gowns were easier, plus they gave me a clean one each day, and I didn't have laundry to bring home.

I also didn't take my own pillows with me, I didn't want to worry about losing them or my pillowcases. The ones at my hosp were comfortable even more comfortable than at some hotels I've stayed at. I also didn't have to worry about stains, etc.

I wore the same clothes home that I wore to the hosp. I took a book but never felt like I had enough concentration to read.

Best wishes!
Unread 02-07-2003, 06:24 AM

Kathy,

A knee length gown is easier the first few days, especially if you are having a TAH. It has been suggested by some of our sisters that you take your some of your own pads if you have a preference (sometimes the hospital pads are out of the stone age). Also lotion, chapstick, warm socks, and your fav. shampoo (in case you are there long enough to need it). Sending lots of 's and warm wishes as you get ready for your visit to the castle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 02:39 PM

You probably aren't going to want the boxers. I had a relatively easy surgery and it's going to be a couple more weeks before ANYTHING goes around my waist. I couldn't even wear the sweat pants I brought to come home from the hospital in. I came home in my nightgown. Luckily it was a knee length t-shirt looking thing.
Unread 02-09-2003, 12:16 PM

thanks for the advice.an i do have night shirts so i'll be taking them instead. this advice is great now i know what to pack now an how big of a suitcase i'll need to take with me your all wonderful an i'm so very glad to have someone to talk with about this . thanks from kathy
Unread 02-09-2003, 01:09 PM

I actually DID take shortie pjs and loved them. Once the catheter was out I wored them the entire time. They were great under the hospital gown and once the IV was out I wore the top. I was much more comfortable and wasn't always trying to pull the bunched up hospital gown from under me. Other than stuff to wash my face and hair, I didn't take much else. Oh, I did take my own pillow because I like my own best. I wore the same clothes home as I did going. Didn't take other underwear because I never even wore a bra to the hospital to begin with. My panties I just wore back home and threw in the hamper. I probably wore them a total of 2 hours between the entire time going to and back home from the hospital! A friend brought me videos to watch since the hospital room had a working VCR and TV. I watched one movie while I was there. I slept through it and DH watched so that helped.

The most important thing I did take was my "suck-up basket" If you do a search for suck-up basket you'll probably find my post on it. It's a candy basket for the nurses. It was a great success!

Best wishes and blessings,
TC
Unread 02-09-2003, 01:12 PM

I checked and the post is titled goodie basket.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...=suckup+basket

It's down a few posts, but I'm the poster.

TC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register