Help and advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help and advice Help and advice

Unread 06-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Help and advice

I joined this site because I thought I could get some help and Advice. I did my intro post, and a post about a particular problem I am having, and to this point 24 hours after my post, no one has given me any advice I got 2 replies, but no advice. Will somebody tell me why it seems that my post are not being read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Help and advice

hello suzyqs1976. I am having the same trouble. I was excited when I found the site, thinking I would get some much needed advise. I have been very discouraged with the information I have received. I hope you will find the advise and information you are looking for.

Sorry
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Help and advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzyqs1976
I joined this site because I thought I could get some help and Advice. I did my intro post, and a post about a particular problem I am having, and to this point 24 hours after my post, no one has given me any advice I got 2 replies, but no advice. Will somebody tell me why it seems that my post are not being read.
Sometimes it's the title of a thread that will catch someone's eye and cause them to respond. Perhaps if you had put something about Lupron in your title it would have caused other members who took Lupron to respond.

The Introduce Yourself forum is a "read only" forum, and only staff may reply. Usually the post by Princess Ruby (site bot) is sufficient to help the member find her way around the website.

Responses by members are usually based on personal experience, so even though members may read your post, if they haven't dealt with the same problem they may not respond.

Love to sew:

All of your posts have received responses (a couple of them received 8 responses), with the exception of your post dated 6/6. That was a "thank you" posts and not asking a question.

I hope both of you will continue to give and receive support here at Hystersisters. And remember, it's sometimes the title of the thread that will cause a member to stop, read, and respond.

s to both of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Help and advice

Suzyq:

I'm sure your post is being read, but not everyone can relate or are finding it hard to give advice on something that they might not fully understand.
It's very normal to have anxiety before surgery. If it is still out of control, maybe you should call your doctor and explain this, so your medication can be increased.
We can tell you that hot baths, soothing music and books on tape have helped us to calm down. What really helped me was to read alot on this web site. Lots of great stories that you can read and get some feeling of that you are not alone.
We are here for you.
Hope you feel better soon, waiting really is the worst part.
Best wishes!!
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Help and advice

Hi,
I have posted a few threads that didn't get much of a response to. I felt a little big rejected, but than I realized that even if I don't get the feed-back I wanted it feels good just to have someplace I can write what's on my mind without feeling like I'm imposing on other people. No body here seems to pass judgement if I ask a question that's a little strange or if I show that I'm more scared than I'm letting my family know. I hope things get better for you and your surgery and recovery goes smoothly. I'm sending you big hugs and prayers that you start feeling better.
Unread 06-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Help and advice

I have found that regardless of if I get replies or not, it is just so helpful to have somewhere to share this experience, where you just know that everyone else here knows what you're talking about. I've had a post or two go largely unnoticed, but hey this is a big site, with thousands of sisters who may not have a lot of time to go checking aznd replying to absolutely everything. Have faith and just know there are many here who are right there with you xxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register