It just never seems to end!! At end of my rope.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It just never seems to end!! At end of my rope.. It just never seems to end!! At end of my rope..

Unread 12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
It just never seems to end!! At end of my rope..

well, still having pelvic pain/rectal pressure to the point of having difficulty making it through the day at work. Started crying the pain was so bad today. Will probably end up with the hyster...

I had been staying off all meds except my Levaquin since I was having hives off/on since last Friday. Saw allergist yesterday, and since I have been on sooo many antibiotics, pain meds, was having trouble deciding which one was the culprit.

I think I found out today, tho. Got desperate at lunch and took two Ibuprofen. MISTAKE. one hour later sinuses swollen shut, ears ringing, heart pounding and very dizzy. I took Benedryl and tried to calm down. It finally stopped and I called my allergist. I have to continue with Benedryl and xyzal (rx antihistamine) for several weeks because drug reactions can keep flaring.

So now I am facing a hyster without being able to take any NSAIDS. That really scares me since that means toradol, naproxyn, and many others that I have taken after surgery. I just am sooooo angry that I am allergic to Ibuprofen and don't understand why. I have taken it for over 20yrs, no problem. It works wonders for me. Tylenol does nothing for me at all.

CC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 10:32 PM

I am a hairstylist, and the pain gets so bad at work I want to bend over and cry. I also am allergic to a few pain meds and antibiotics, and even a few foods that I once was fine with. Dont worry, there are a lot of pain meds and they will find one that you can take, they wont exspect you to tough it out! I was freaking out for a while, but I go in on Dec 8th for a TAH and my gastly period had to start just for the occasion, but you know what, it made me realize how nice it will be without it and all the pain it brings my life. Heck, I plan to even wear white pants next summer, I have not dared do that for years!LOL Melisa
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:11 AM

Hi Melisa,

Good luck with your upcoming surgery! I would be the first in line for the hyster if I was sure it would cure my problems. I don't have periods anymore because I had a "successful" endometrial ablation last year. But I have had long-term infection and started up with pain/pressure last month that had me out of work for 3wks. Am now on Levaquin antibiotic, and she wants to open me up if that doesn't work. We'll see....

CC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2008, 12:49 PM

Hey CC, I can't take NSAIDS either and regular Tylenol does nothing for me pre op, I was on a morphine drip pre-op(long story, my hyster was an emergency, I didn't know that's what was going to happen) anyway, I have a GREAT General Practitioner who understands my need for pain relief and that I'm limited. She prescribes me everything from vicodin to oxycotin and that was before surgery. She's been great post-op. I also have Fibromyalgia, so pain is a severe and everyday thing for me. So put the fibro and post-op pain together and you have one &^%#^*^ hurtin' woman! So she works with me on almost a weekly basis to manage my pain. If you have a good doc, just talk to them about post op pain control and make SURE that It's in your charts that you can't have NSAIDS! I had to actually tell nurses that I couldn't have motrin etc. and then have them have to call my doc. If you have anymore questions, PM me or shout them out here! Good Luck and speak up for yourself, because no one else will!!!
Unread 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM

I just read your post about the terrible pain. If you're like me, once I had the surgery I had no more need for meds. I had an LSH/BSO and I only took a dose of hydrocodone the night of surgery to help me sleep. After that, I didnt take anything. So, hopefully you'll have a good experience as well. That daily horrific pain is unbearable...Make your appointment soon!
Best of luck
Unread 12-05-2008, 07:21 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I went to my internist today.. my dh and I had a long visit with him. Basically, he confirmed what I knew all along... my gyno is not the person I should have operating on me. The fact that she keeps leaving me in pain with no further explanation is completely unacceptable, he said. He is ordering a pelvic CT to check for abscess from the cerclage removal surgery, and more importantly, is referring me to a VERY experienced dr. who has done a ton of hysters. He said a hyster is in my future with my cervical cancer past and all the pain and crap I've been through. So it may be after the new year since my insurance will change Jan 1, but I feel better that someone is watching out for me. My gyno keeps putting me off and won't do appropriate testing. He said she is young, and doesn't have a lot of experience under her belt. His is exact words were, "You've come to the end of the line with dr. x. You need to move on to someone with more experience who isn't afraid to treat you". I am just so relieved to have an advocate. He is having me take Vicodin since I cannot take ibuprofen until I have allergy challenge testing to see if I am truely allergic to it.

I am scared about future surgery, but also happy to be moving forward. He said I wouldn't have to worry about cervical cancer after the hyster, although I would need routine Paps of the vag walls for vaginal dysplasia (which is uncommon, but can happen with HPV).

So, I will call the gyno he recommended on Monday. Hopefully I can get in soon. If not, I will have to call dr. back for more recommendations.

Thank you again, Ladies.

CC
Unread 12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Jenn, I have fibro too!!

My neurologist diagnosed me in back in my 20's (am 40 now)... I had all the trigger points. For me, my saving grace has been regular walking, even when I have "lead legs". They tested me for everything... Lupus, MS, etc. They actually thought I had MS back in my 20's because a brain MRI showed some white spots. But neurologist told me they were seeing that in fibro/CFS (chronic fatigue) patients. I never have had any symptoms of MS over the next 17yrs.

My pain is now more myofascial trigger points.. with referred pain. I get actual huge muscle knots which need to be worked out. I see a chiro, who does help. But the best help I ever had was with a very renowned acupucture dr. He visited China with Richard Nixon back in the 60's and pioneered the introduction of eastern medicine to the western world. I felt GREAT.... but couldn't afford to keep it up! It was soooo expensive and I had to go several times a week, which interfered with work too. I will have new insurance in Jan that actually covers acupuncture. I will have to ck out the benefits...

Hugs!!!

CC
Unread 12-06-2008, 11:50 PM
cc

cc, You sound like you are now on the road to relief. Like you already know now, don't worry about NSAIDS, I can't take them either and there are so many other options. I'm glad you are going to be going out of your way to take care of yourself. I know that is hard sometimes.

Kara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register