no sleep again tonight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no sleep again tonight no sleep again tonight

Unread 07-30-2005, 11:32 PM
no sleep again tonight

Hi gals

Well what a last couple of days......I am sorry for the vent and cry but I am really losing it....

I was doing some personal grooming on thursday and I guess I was a little agressive with the playtex wipes as I am still on no bath, swimming or sex and felt the need to just freshen up and inside I felt what appeared to be gauze...........I gave a tug and of course started bleeding so I left it alone so I called the doc asap and they said get to the ER......

Next thing I am in the ER as my gyne is away and after a long wait and a check with the speculum he said its threads...long threads and he wasn't removing them as they are attatched to me.....

Gals I swear if this is threads that thinck and big you could knit with them ........is this normal? Nothing has come out yet and that was really the only red discharge I have seen as my last post was regarding normal discharge.....

I see my gyne on tuesday and of course its my 4 week check and of course I feel like a loser going to the ER for nothing but man I thought it was empty in there.......

Next.. my 5 year old had her tonsils and adnoids done yesterday morning so a very long day for her 9 hrs in hospital .....a longer night as I needed to get her to drink every 20 mins and my dh is a pain and doing nothing.......surprise surprise........

We are in a huge fight yet again and I even said he was a loser and I wanted to leave (said it to him in front of his friends) and that in my time of need he has done nothing to help me and he says ( you'll love this one) get over it yippie..whine whine whine........thats all you do so needless to say many tears, badly hurt feelings and he has decided he should have the bed ...again all mine and our daughters meds and stuff in there so I can sleep with her in a twin bed or take the couch as you know he needs his sleep......

I just want to throw it in his face all the years together (almost 20) and his injuries/broken heals for 6 months sicknesses/etc.... that I have bent over backwards for him and this is how I am treated.....jerk!!!!!!

I know I am emotional and sore still and now these threads that are attatched somewhere but I am at a loss on getting it together..........

Thanks for listening all.......

Trying for a few hours sleep before the next round of meds/juice/ice and of course whatever the rest of my spoiled family needs...........

mandy

ps I think boot camp is hitting this house as of monday....drop it..... it stays down/ wear it ......you wash it/ hungry too bad.........
pay back is nasty and boy I just am ready to sink my teeth into a battle.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2005, 12:26 AM
no sleep again tonight

Hugs mandy.... sounds like a lot of things are going on in the house right now... and no one is feeling that well overall... a LOT of stress...

Glad you vented... and hopefully you will get some sleep and things will look better in the morning...

Hopefully the gyn will figure out what the thread is-- just take it easy for now and you and your daughter can curl up on the couch and watch good movies together...

Likely hubby will feel better in the morning as well - and you can hopefully talk with all the emotions involved...

Not fun with everyone battling something...

Hugs and let us know how the morning goes!

Shauna
Unread 07-31-2005, 12:47 AM
Hugs to you . . .

Mandy,

I am soooo sorry about everything you are experiencing right now . . . you have been through a lot and need lots of s! I wish there was something more I could do, but wondered if you have anyone else there that can help you? Family or close friends? You really are taking on more then you should be at this point. You should not feel like a loser for going to the ER, if this had happened to any other sister here I am sure they would have reacted the same as you . . . I know I would have! Please try to take care of yourself, you are still early in recovery and with these complications you should be careful, you only have one chance to heal right.

As far as darling daughter goes, I can relate too . . . my dd is 5 and had her tonsils/adnoids out last year. The best advice I can give you is to stay on top of her pain meds. If you don't she probably will wake up hysterical, at least that's what happened with mine. I actually got her up and gave her it the first few days, because I learned the hard way that if she slept through she would wake up in excruciating pain in the middle of the night.

Sounds like things with your husband have not been going well for awhile, but the point is right now he needs to be there for you and daughter ~ PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION! I would not waste any time with him right now, just let him know that until your daughter is feeling better you really need his support and he is going to have to step up to the plate. Maybe by putting the focus on your daughter, you can both set aside any other differences and get through this moment and hopefully you can get some support from him. As far as the bed goes, I personally would march in the bedroom with darling daughter in tow and let him know that the couch or dd's bed is available for him, unless he plans on staying up with dd all night he better get out of the bed NOW!

You are not being emotional and have every right to feel the way you do . . . I'm praying that your husband will start supporting you more and you will be feeling better soon. Please know, if all else fails, that you have a lot of sisters here to support you !

jmw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2005, 12:49 AM
I feel your pain!

Its just utterly amazing to me how unfeeling and ultra-selfish husband can be. I know I have wanted to drop-kick mine into the next county.....and it would have taken little effort, I was soooo mad.

I wish I could come over and kick his behind...hehehehehe....

The hardest thing for us women to remember is that we SHOULD take care our bodies and ourselves WITHOUT feeling guilty. Thats the biggest draw-back - most of us feel actually guilty taking care of ourselves. Thats why we don't do it very often.

Mandy - please, please, please take care of YOU and your child. Your husband is all grown-up - he can take care of his own sorry behind (I'm trying hard not to put in foul language here....hehehehe).

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you!

(((Hugs)))

Doris
Unread 07-31-2005, 05:30 AM
no sleep again tonight

Mandy..you waste wayyyyyyyy to much energy arguing and there's not going to be a point to it, because men are men...and they think they're right..and there's no point trying to convince them otherwise, you'll just wear yourself out. The thing that gets me thru it all is "karma" what comes around..goes around..and believe me, I get paybacks..hehe.
The day I got home from the hospital, my DH had his whole family at my house, and when they alllll come over, they drink..smoke..don't clean up after themselves..and eventually argue/fight with each other. I wanted to quit smoking after surgery, but, as soon as I seen all the brothers in my garage smoking..I smoked cuz I was stressed because they were all there.
Later that night..as predicted..I come downstairs...they're all drunk, arguing, and thought they didn't have to leave because it's "my brothers" house..haha WHATEVER. So, I picked up the phone..called 911, and had them removed..and the next day..my DH got a earful from me and the nice police officer who came back to do a "checkup" about how I had major surgery and didn't need that stress, and he should think before he does anything like that.
DH has been good...until last night... .
So all i'm saying is remember this, and the next time he's sick or needs you, just smile at him sweetly and say...do you remember when I needed you.. And if they all won't leave, call the police and see if you can have them removed.
Works wonders...
Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:39 AM
thanks gals

Good morning everyone
thanks for the support as lord knows its not at home where it is being received.
DD and I finally fell asleep around 4.30 and now there is no way I am waking her for a drink I will suffer as I slept for the first time in days until dh decided to get up and slam the front door when he left....

JERK........
the saga continues.......
I am going to take dd to my gf's later as I only have a sister and we aren't close at all and I don't have any family close enough (spread all over the place in different countries)so I will chat later but thanks for the kind words.......

Bernie......I would kick some serious *** today as I had that last weekend at the cottage....nice huh?

chow
mandy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register