5 weeks and looking 6 mnths pregnant! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks and looking 6 mnths pregnant! 5 weeks and looking 6 mnths pregnant!

Unread 02-26-2006, 07:08 AM
5 weeks and looking 6 mnths pregnant!

Hi, just on 5 weeks post-op, wish I'd found this site before I had my op and pre organised what I was in for. Think I've been doing too much. Went back to work 4 weeks, lasted 3 days - now all workmates think I'm a wimp. Have been doing all housework and am suffering for it, like others some people are great others wondering why I'm not back to normal. It's sooo true, as soon as you start doing ANYTHING most people think 'Oh, she's all good'. I honestly look 6 months pregnant. Can't say I was the skinnest thing in the world pre-op but this is ridiculous! People who haven't seen me for a while double look, I'm waiting for the 'when are you due?' Feeling sore, sad, misunderstood and miserable! BUT I know it is normal thanks to all you wonderful people and am looking forward to each week passing! THANK YOU ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2006, 10:35 AM

s

Oh, that dreadful swelly belly! So sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable. Time to stop worrying about what others think (I know...........easier said than done..). You've been doing too much.

Would be a good idea to refer to your "Hysterectomy Checkpoints" and pamper the Princess. You deserve the best recovery possible.

Take care............s.....Deb
Unread 02-26-2006, 10:41 AM

Thanks Deb. I only know one person personally who had the op and her belly wasn't as big as mine. I though swelly belly was a slight swelling, so it can be big? I'm gonna get my DH to read about Pampering the Princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2006, 11:21 AM

Hello Vicstar. Love talking to someone so far away! My daughter visited New Zealand as a student ambassador back in high school. (1997), and I must say the pictures of your country were breathtaking!
Now.... the business at hand, swelly belly is my NUMBER ONE issue. It can be huge. I have only gained one lb by the scales, but my tummy looks pregnant. it is still so swollen. I had to cut the elastic in my undies, and all I wear is sweat pants and scrubs. Nighttime I cannot wait to get that loose flannel nightshirt on.
It may take a few months ,( I am hearing) to go away.
Take care! remember to pamper the princess.
Unread 02-26-2006, 11:49 AM
me too

[hi i feel the same way,I normally weigh about 109now im 118 and look 6 mo pregnant cain't seem to get rid of swelly belly and i know what you mean when you say that you have done too much,i really feel soar when i do and at the same time i feel guilty for not doing enoufgh and then i think that people think im a baby...I always wonder how much is too much?Well good luck to yaQUOTE=Vicstar]Hi, just on 5 weeks post-op, wish I'd found this site before I had my op and pre organised what I was in for. Think I've been do
Unread 02-27-2006, 01:28 PM

Hi Virginia Lady, neat to hear about your daughter, hope she enjoyed her stay while she was here. We're not a fast moving country but its the way I like it!
I've been getting really frustrated with myself but after reading heaps of emails here yesterday I decided to put No. 1 first. I originally felt great, even made my hospital bed day 2 (our hospital nurses are very much overworked) and the Dr's couldn't get over how great I looked. Leaving hospital of 2nd day took alot longer than expected and I was sore by the time I got to the car, then the ride home in our very bumby ute (didn't realise a car could viabrate so much!) raised the pain levels. Took it very easy and started feeling great again but then 6 days post op our labrodour jumped up onto the bed and landed on my stomach while I was asleep, that set me back again. By 2/1/2 wks was feeling good again and took on too much, started doing housework incl washing, still felt ok but by wk 4 everyone thought I was fine, I's back at work, doing all housework incl vacuuming and doing errands for others - whoops. Got myself in a position where I left home one am at 8.30am and didn't get home until 10pm. Wiped me out for 3 days! So I'm now returning to week 3 level of activity no work (they're annoyed - don't care), very minimal housework, asking for help, not doing errands! Slept like a baby last night and feeling very selfish and fantastic today! Loving it and accepting that its not for ever. I know that doing this will help me recover and I'll be a better person to be around next week. I can make it up to everyone later.
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:19 PM

Hi. I had my surgery on January 19th-so 5 weeks ago. Feeling pretty good and getting back to exercising (limited). The hot flushes that I had every 40 minutes have diminished although I am still having trouble sleeping. The biggest problem is this belly! I too have only gained a pound but looks like I am 6 months pregnant. I am encouraged by the comments but still find it frustrating. I am also wondering if the swelly belly could be partly gas? My bowels move okay but I cant seem to pass gas normally-as in when I feel I need to. Anybody else experience this? If so-when does it get better? Thanks.
Unread 02-27-2006, 11:25 PM

I know what you mean about Gas! Its one of the things I hate about going out in public, if I don't fart when I need to I end up with extreme gas pains and the urge doesn't come back! The only way to relieve it is to try, try and try again! Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this awful predicament? I this normal? How long does it last? Help!
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:44 PM

Thanks Vicstar for your reply. Nice to know I am not the ony one in this predicament (and my DH seems to think if funny-not) My belly is not only swollen but feels quite firm. Its frustrating that "others" seem to think that I should just start in on the ab exercises to rid myself. While I am all for getting back into the full exercise routine I doubt that I am either ready for that or that it will fix the belly. I have been through this site a number of times and cant find what exactly is the cause of swelly belly? Thanks.

And Hello from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Unread 02-28-2006, 01:27 PM

Vicstar,
Thank you!! I have had a hard time with gas from BOTH ends. It sometimes feels sooo trapped in my stomach that I want to burp myself like a baby so that I will feel better. It is amazing how long it takes to feel "normal". Thank goodness for this site so that we all don't think that we are crazy!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register