I am a mess ended up in er | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess ended up in er I am a mess ended up in er

Unread 04-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I am a mess ended up in er

two weeks post-op. I woke up about 3:30am thur feeling sore. I went to the kitchen to take a pain pill. I went to open the jucie bottle and couldn't open it. so, i get a steak kniife to open it. i cut my index finger. blood ever where. woke my husband up. i knew it was bad. i took a look at it and it was so deep you could see the bone. i ended up going into shock, passed out. hubby called 911 and off i went in ambulance to er. had stitches now in my finger and my stomach. i am in so much pain. if not in discomfort from my surgey then i am in pain from my finger. can't use left hand. i have no feeling in tip of my finger. hubby not only took my cleaning supplies away but , my knifes. sorry if spelling is off. typing w/one hand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 09:39 AM

Girl....what the heck? When you think you have heard it all along comes a story like this.

You poor thing. Talk about injustice! You know...we research the heck out of Hysterectomies and expect to endure the surgery and suffer through the pain and boredom of recovery. We never expect to get an ambulance ride in Post-Op because we cut our finger!

It just goes to show that life has a very own own plan for us. Good luck with all those stiches. Hope you don't have to cook for a bit until that finger heals. It must really hurt.

Good luck!
Unread 04-18-2008, 11:15 AM

mrsmoto
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Please sit back and rest, heal and take good care of yourself. I hope everything feels bettter soon.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 12:56 PM

So sorry this happened!! Hope you have smooth sailing from here on out. You deserve it!
Unread 04-18-2008, 01:32 PM

mrsmoto;

this is unbelieveble!!!! like if this surgery wasnt enough, now you have stitches on your finger!!! what a nasty experience....sorry you had to go thru this and your poor hubby too......

I pray that you have a smooth recovery from both places, and please, rest, rest, rest......you deserve it....
Unread 04-18-2008, 04:24 PM

Oh mrsmoto!!
God bless you!!
Let your DH do things for you! Ask him to help you when ever possible! My s are with you and I pray that your recovery remains restful and uneventful from now on. Be The Princess!
Love you much!
Unread 04-19-2008, 03:11 PM

oh poor you!!! hang in there!!
Hugs!
Unread 04-19-2008, 04:08 PM

OH NO HON that is no good sweetie, just rest now if you can

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register