5th week swelling and pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5th week swelling and pain 5th week swelling and pain

Unread 12-17-2008, 10:14 PM
5th week scar red, swelling and pain

I'm sorry I haven't been around much the past weeks. If you have read any of my older posts you might know that I'm a very sensitive person, have had depression for a few years and my DH was concerned that my reading here was upsetting me and causing me to "worry about things that hadn't even happened to me". So I stopped for a bit.
I only decided that I missed all of you and I don't think reading here was bothering me at all. It was just the normal after surgery stuff.

So, my scar (TAH) has been looking great until this week and it is red all the way along it; only on the "line" not around it. And today it's really very sore all around it, especially above the scar where it's swollen more than it has been since just after surgery.
I walked around in the grocery store this evening and got really tired and my abdomen became even more painful.

I wondered if any of you have this at this point in time and am I still over-doing it with the walking?

Also yesterday I had pain/cramp in my right side that hasn't been there for a few years. I was told back then that it was a cyst on my right ovary. I'm wondering now if that could be what's happening again since I kept my ovaries and am not on the pill anymore.
This past weekend would've been my period had I not had the surgery so would I be ovulatiing now and that cyst be back?
I've also had night sweats as well. Strange!

*Hugs*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2008, 04:20 AM
5th week swelling and pain

I am 7 weeks post-op and not had my check-up yet but my scar changes from time to time, usually if I have been over-doing it!! It can still hurt a bit too-again varies according to what I have been doing, but area above scar isalways sensitive to the touch. These things take time to heal.
As long as you feel ok, no fever then I am sure it is normal but see your doc if worried.
Keep your pecker up as we Londoners say!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register