May 13th going to surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 13th going to surgery May 13th going to surgery

Unread 04-29-2005, 12:20 PM
May 13th going to surgery

I want to thank the Hysters Sisters for my B'day e-mail...that was so nice ...
I am getting nervous about surgery...all that u have to go thru to get ur surgery...all ur pre-op stuff..blood test,ECG,seeing the anestiologist, i am getting blood drawn today just in case i need it ...questions after questions...papers to sign...i am worned out already but i suppose to be on the safe side its all good..just worried how things will go,bills getting paid and so.. and when i get home..it seems to me that people at work expect me to be at work in no time and it wont be that bad...and that i am a strong person and u can do it...but i feel what ever time it takes me to get better i am going to enjoy just being away from there , i figure this is my time to take care of myself .No matter when i was sick and having horrible periods and cramps,pains a week ,during and after i would go to work, i would be so scared to go sometimes cause when i got up from sittingor doing things i would feel the gushes of blood and clots come out...i would always have a change of clothes in my car cause it would come out thru the 3 pads i would have to wear and change constantly...oh it was bad...i wouldnt want to even go out on the weekends....ahhhh but its almost over...2 more weeks..happy that i wont have to suffer like this no more..but just a bit worried ...ill be fine and i know and pray all will go well.
all u ladies have a good day and God bless the ones closer to surgery and after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2005, 12:26 PM

I hope this year is very VERY good to you!!!
Fro-yo
Unread 04-29-2005, 01:00 PM

Hi d-lo ! My birthday is this month and I am also having my hyst
on Tuesday May 10th. I just finished the pre-reigstration thing and even prepaid my deposit. So I know what you mean about getting things done. I won't get to do the lab work till the day before. And as usual Aunt Flo will be here for the surgery.
Isn't it nice to know that this will be the last time!

Best Wishes to you for a speedy recovery....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by frozen yogurt

I hope this year is very VERY good to you!!!
Fro-yo
:
Thank you so much Fro-yo i also hope the same to you!!!
Unread 05-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shera
Hi d-lo ! My birthday is this month and I am also having my hyst
on Tuesday May 10th. I just finished the pre-reigstration thing and even prepaid my deposit. So I know what you mean about getting things done. I won't get to do the lab work till the day before. And as usual Aunt Flo will be here for the surgery.
Isn't it nice to know that this will be the last time!

Best Wishes to you for a speedy recovery....
Happy B'day to you Shera... ....I hope everything goes well for you on the 10th...i tell you w/all this signing of papers and appointments to get done...its alot to do...before the doctor said there wasnt as many papers to fill out and all but i suppose they got to save themselves of lawsuits.
If u can or would like to, let me know when ur feeling better and up to it how it went for you,ill be going 3 days after you...how you feeling about getting this done,nervous???...I get a little more cause its coming up but ahhh i know ill feel alot better then i have for years...and i am still having pain after 1 week after my period...doc says ovaries get inflamed and fibroids...geez it's a awful feeling... but we both will be feeling better in months to come....take care and good luck to you!!
Unread 05-03-2005, 08:37 AM

Hi d_lo!

I'm betting that I will start to get anxious around Friday. So far, just like you, I've been so busy with Leave of Absence paper, hospital papers, etc. etc. that I haven't had too much time to dwell on it. I start to feel worried though when I think that maybe I am expecting too much from this surgery. See, my problem is really the uterus, not so much the fibs. My uterus is shaped like a right-side-up eggplant and its' just crushing all my important organs down there in every direction. So that's why I am hoping when it comes out that my constipation problems, back problems and pain with the wild hoohoo dance will go away.
Suddenly there will be room! I just don't want to be disappointed and have it all come back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register