TAH TAH/BSO 1 week 2 days post hysterectomy - sharp, needle type pains | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/BSO 1 week 2 days post hysterectomy - sharp, needle type pains TAH/BSO 1 week 2 days post hysterectomy - sharp, needle type pains

Unread 04-14-2017, 10:13 PM
TAH/BSO 1 week 2 days post hysterectomy - sharp, needle type pains

Hey everyone... I had a TAH-BHO on April 5th. My recovery has been up and down but mostly I've done well. I'm 35, doing HRT with the estradiol patch. I'm having sharp, needle stick type pains across my abdomen. Is that nerves waking up? I still get very fatigued and get a lot of crap from my mother in law that I'm not "off my butt" enough. I walked half way down our block today and thought that was good. Feeling a little discouraged. :-(

Thanks,
Leisha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Re: TAH/BSO 1 week 2 days post hysterectomy - sharp, needle type pains

and

You're still very early in recovery and healing is your #1 priority, and for that you need plenty of rest. You've had major surgery with many internal incisions - not just organs removed but blood vessels and ligaments severed, nerves cut, and muscles separated. All that needs healing, and is the reason why we're our doctors' patients for 4-8 weeks. The walking you're doing is fine for where you are in your timeline.

Mother-in-law needs to chill: there are risks for doing Too Much Too Soon including a vaginal cuff tear or internal adhesions which could cause complications or more surgery down the road. In addition to that article, here are a few more resources for you.If you haven't discovered your Recovery Thread yet, yours is Recovery Progress Report for Apr 03-09. Recovery Threads are dedicated threads for women who had surgery the same week as you. They are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, and encouraging others.

Recovery from this surgery takes much longer than getting over a stomach bug, appendectomy or gall bladder surgery - and longer than most of us expect. Try not to let mother-in-law or anybody else discourage you. Tell her you have one chance to heal properly, and your going to follow recommended guidelines from your medical team and a hysterectomy support site

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register