Bladder infection- tvt? Extreme bruising-lsh? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder infection- tvt? Extreme bruising-lsh? Bladder infection- tvt? Extreme bruising-lsh?

Unread 02-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Bladder infection- tvt? Extreme bruising-lsh?

Has anyone experienced a bladder infection after a TVT? I thought it might be a bladder infection but then again I know they make an incision in the vaginal wall so maybe its just irritated in there? I am curious because I am having lots of discomfort, mainly in the urethra area. Could it be something besides a bladder infection? Mayb e just post-op swelling? I feel like a whimp since most ppl say they feelin good 6 days post-op and here I am calling the dr for a refill on the pain meds.

I also have lots of brusing. My tummy looks like it has been beaten with a baseball bat -- 6inches X 5 inches dark purple above low incision site. The other incision sites are not dark purple anymore.Is this normal?

I am seeing the dr for my follow up in the morning but any advice you can give this evening would be great.

Just thought with it being laproscopic and ppl saying they feel great right away that I would be better than this.

Any help? ~So sad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Re: Bladder infection- tvt? Extreme bruising-lsh?

Justbeinme

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. You're most certainly not a whimp since a hysterectomy is major surgery, plus you've also had a TVT. Everyone's surgery experience and recovery is different.

I didn't have a TVT and so can't comment on that, but bladder infections or discomfort are fairly common following a hysterectomy. I had considerable bruising, too ~ in one area in particular ~ which I guessed was due to more "work" in that spot.

I hope your appointment goes well today and you're reassured. Will you let us know?

Sending all good wishes!

Unread 02-23-2010, 04:52 AM

Hello--

I had a bladder sling done when I had my TAH, Dec.9,09.... I had an episode JUST LIKE this. I was having bladder spasms. My urine cultures were normal so my Urologist decided it was spasms.

The best way to describe the feeling is that I felt a tingling and tightening sensation. I have had ALOT of bladder infections and to me it felt like the very beginnings of an infection, but it was not. They faded with time. I did take it easy for a couple of days. The bladder and everything else in there has been pushed around and worked on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 12:47 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. Just like you I did not have bladder infection. Just spasms which really do feel like the beginning of a UTI. Do you remember how long it took til the spasms went away? It's annoying. . . not to mention uncomfortable.

As for the bruising.. . funny story. Told Dr that I was concerned about my bruising. He said it was normal.( Did not want to see it at that point. After I told him again that I thought the BIG bruise was the reason I was still in pain he wanted to examine it. He made an odd look when he saw it. Its quite large and is a perfect triangle. Then he took his pen and drew a line around it. He then said if the bruise moves out of the line I need to give him a call. Guess that much bruising, especially when its not around an incision site is really different.

Thanks again for the help. I was really sure I had a bladder infection. . guess I just didn't realize that spasms were so uncomfy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register