LAVH Three weeks post-hysterectomy, exhaustion set in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Three weeks post-hysterectomy, exhaustion set in Three weeks post-hysterectomy, exhaustion set in

Unread 07-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Three weeks post-hysterectomy, exhaustion set in

I'm just over three weeks post-op, and I am more tired these past three days than before my surgery. Is this normal? I can't take hormone replacement due to breast cancer. Could my exhaustion be related to lack of hormone? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Three weeks post-hysterectomy, exhaustion set in

I'm also 3 weeks post op and am significantly more tired this week than last. Anyone else go through this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtalbot View Post
I'm just over three weeks post-op, and I am more tired these past three days than before my surgery. Is this normal? I can't take hormone replacement due to breast cancer. Could my exhaustion be related to lack of hormone? Thanks!
Unread 07-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Re: Three weeks post-hysterectomy, exhaustion set in

Oh my. I've been tired this week but today it went to a new level! I was tired when I woke up and it just got worse from there! By 3pm I was in tears I was so tired and by 4 when hubby got home and could watch the kids I was delirious, woosy, and crying. All I could say was I'm so tired! I went straight to bed when hubby came home and slept for almost 2hrs. I could have stayed in bed till tomorrow but guilt got my butt out of bed.... onto the couch :-) I plan to go to bed early w a muscle relaxer and sleep until I can't sleep any longer tomorrow! ! I sure hope this gets better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2014, 08:23 PM

It's most likely narcotic and anethesia withdrawal...2-3 weeks I was flat on my back. After being able to do everything for a week. Also because you're allowing yourself to do more.
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredqueen View Post
Also because you're allowing yourself to do more.
Bingo! I think this is exactly it. For those first couple weeks, you allowed yourself to rest and be pampered. Now you've started to feel a little better and are probably doing too much, and your body is unhappy about it. Even if you don't have external stitches, you have many inside and tons of healing to do. Healing takes energy, lots of it. I'm at 4.5 weeks and I'm still very tired by early afternoon. I absolutely must lie down and rest or by evening (and into the next day) I'm miserable - aching, sore, weepy, etc...

Remember, "think months, not weeks," and "you only have one chance to heal well the first time." It's OK to ignore the dust bunnies, to serve convenience foods, and especially to ask for help.
Unread 07-26-2014, 09:04 PM

I am 6 months post op, my body still tells me to cool it after being on my feet all day by making my lower back sore and making me sleepy. Otherwise I am feeling great though.
Unread 07-28-2014, 02:29 PM

very normal... around that point in recovery I hit a wall and felt like I was back to the first week post op... it will get better.. just keep resting and dont over dfo it.. its still very easy to over do it... listen to your body and rest whn you feel tired.. these days will be over soon and then there is no rest once we get back into our life... enoy it read a book and watch lots of movies..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register