Friday Surgeries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday Surgeries Friday Surgeries

Unread 10-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Friday Surgeries

After reading an earlier thread comparing Monday and Friday surgeries, I am getting a bit nervous. I have no choice but to have the surgery on Friday because that is the only day my doctor operates at the hospital in my area. His other hospital is not covered by my insurance. Does anyone have any advice on avoiding potential problems with a Friday surgery? I am scheduled for a LAVH and bladder sling and I am planning to go home on Saturday if all goes well? Thanks very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Friday Surgeries

If that's the only day he operates there, then the staff does this every week and you should be just fine!
Don't worry - I've had emergency surgery on the weekend and had no difficulties.
This time I have a dr. that only operates on Tues & Wed. so should be out before the weekend but I would go Friday if that's all he had.
Unread 10-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Friday Surgeries

I also had surgery later in the week and had no problems. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Be sure to keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Friday Surgeries

I'm glad it didn't occur to me to worry about that pre-op! My surgery was a Friday and it was just fine. My surgeon came to see me Saturday. She was wearing jeans and a sweater instead of her white coat.
Unread 10-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Friday Surgeries

Had surgery at 3 p.m. on a Friday. Went home Sunday at noon. No problem.
Unread 10-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Friday Surgeries

Thanks so much for all the supportive comments. I think the "waiting demons" are starting to creep into my thoughts. I appreciate the kind wishes and I hope for the best for all the Sisters.
Unread 10-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Friday Surgeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty80
Thanks so much for all the supportive comments. I think the "waiting demons" are starting to creep into my thoughts. I appreciate the kind wishes and I hope for the best for all the Sisters.

I know what you mean. The absolute worst thing I did was listen to a friend of mine about three days before surgery. She told me so many horror stories...none of which were accurate.
Unread 10-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Friday Surgeries

I am glad to hear some postive Friday remarks. I didn't really worry about the day of the week for surgery until someone brought it up. I am having my surgery at a surgical center and going home the same day.
Unread 10-24-2006, 06:48 AM
Friday Surgeries

I was just looking for that thread comparing Monday or Friday surgeries. I can't find it.
Unread 10-24-2006, 07:08 AM
Friday Surgeries

You'll do fine on a Friday. The hospital staff is still attentive on the weekend, and my doctor visits the hospital both Saturday and Sunday.

Don't listen to horror stories. Stay positive and stay strong!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register