10lbs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-18-2007, 12:22 PM
10lbs

I got on the scales this afternoon and I way 10lbs more today than yesterday. I hope it is just fluid. I have been drinking lots of water but am going to the bathroom frequently and having no problems.This is my 3rd day post op. Someone please tell me this is normal and will resolve itself.

Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2007, 12:32 PM
10lbs

I came home from the hospital about 10lbs more than before my TAH! I figured with all the presurgical prep. I'd be down some. I think it was just all the excess water and stuff.
Unread 02-18-2007, 01:28 PM
10lbs

I am having the same experience! It must be due to the fluid retention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2007, 01:32 PM
10lbs

I sure hope so. 10lbs is alot of weight gain for 1 day. God only knows what I will weigh tomorrow.

Sherri
Unread 02-18-2007, 01:46 PM
10lbs

I came home so pumped up on IV fluids my toes and feet were swollen like fat little sausages. I sweated quite a bit (one good thing from night sweats!) Took about 8 days but now I am back to normal looking and weighed myself. 7 lbs. down!!
Unread 02-18-2007, 03:56 PM
10lbs

When I came home, I weighed about 15 lbs. more than my presurgical weight. After a couple of weeks I went down to 10lbs. below my surgical weight. The doc said they need to load you up on the IVs to make sure you don't dehydrate, etc. Don't worry I am sure you will lose the weight. Just remember to drink plenty of fluids and rest as much as possible. PROP YOUR FEET UP!! You are the Princess here.
Unread 02-19-2007, 01:09 AM
10lbs

It is my understanding that it is all the fluid they give us. I know my ankles were really swollen in the hospital and they are not now. But you should mention it to your doctor so he/she can explain why to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register