dVH/RALH Sitting in the ER | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sitting in the ER Sitting in the ER

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Sitting in the ER

Hanging out in the ER. I hate this place. My pain has been controlled and minimal until today. Lower abdominal area is crampy and aching and none of my meds or heating pads are fixing it. Hoping for relief. I may have overdone it the past few days thinking that the worst was over. I am so bummed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Re: Sitting in the ER

I am sorry to hear and hope you're able to get some relief. I'm really nervous because I'm down to a few pain pills left out of the 30 I got a few weeks ago and I still need one per day to get through. I don't want to ask for a refill because I don't want my doctor thinking I'm drug seeking but the extra strength ibuprofen isn't enough to get me through (usually just need one pain pill in mid day and I'm good the rest).
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:46 PM

If you have been overdoing it only 6 days after surgery, I can understand why your body isn't happy with you. From your other posts, I understand that you had daVinci surgery but even though you may not have a big incision, you need to remember that you still had organs removed and that takes a long time to heal. I hope that you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:53 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm sure I've done something to aggravate the situation. Too much walking around. Probably lifted things I shouldn't have. Tried to be lazy all day today; but, it didn't help like I had hoped. The meds just couldn't stay on top of it. Sigh...hoping for no harm done.
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Sitting in the ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel1984 View Post
Thanks ladies. I'm sure I've done something to aggravate the situation. Too much walking around. Probably lifted things I shouldn't have. Tried to be lazy all day today; but, it didn't help like I had hoped. The meds just couldn't stay on top of it. Sigh...hoping for no harm done.
I had the da Vinci on the 27th and I've been overdoing it. Feeling the pain tonight. Try to take it easy and rest.
Unread 01-05-2014, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel1984 View Post
How did you get on at the ER? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Unread 01-05-2014, 04:38 AM

Toradol shot, CT scan, labs...seems like all is well and I just need to slow it down. They were going to give me percocet 10 (which I already have at home) and I said no. I'm not gonna be charged crazy prices for a pill I already have. Just waiting for the final ok to go. Truthfully, my pain has not really been addressed; but, I just want to get in my own bed.
Unread 01-05-2014, 04:54 AM

Good news that all seems well. Take it real slow for a while and i'm sure you'll begin to feel better shortly. Onwards and upwards.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register