18 months post...yey!! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

18 months post...yey!! 18 months post...yey!!

Unread 08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
18 months post...yey!!

Hi, its been ages since my last posting....just over a year in fact. I like to keep in touch, but have never been too good at it!
I feel fantastic, I know lots of you will be willing me to shut up but really it does get better. I had my TAH last February the day before my 36th birthday and I can honestly say I have never looked back, my life is my own once again, no dashing to the loo armed with enough towels to sink Titanic, no missing out on fantastic sex because of that time of the month, no mood swings....(better ask my husband about that!)heaps more energy...ok I'll shut up. But really for those of you who are feeling pooey try to remember why you had it done and day by day you will start to feel better, keep reminding yourself this will make my life better.
So 18 months on I finally feel recovered, the overhang tummy is almost gone and you'd hardly notice the scar, I will say however I still have numbness around the scar but considering this was initially the whole of my lower tummy and now is isolated to just the imediate scar area I don't think thats too bad.
Anyway I've wittled on for too long,

Happy Healing

Sorcia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 11:13 AM
18 months post...yey!!

Hi Carolyn,

Best wishes. I am 16 months post-op myself and it is always nice to hear from a fellow Hyster Sister who is doing well.

Mary
Unread 08-08-2005, 11:16 AM
18 months post...yey!!

Hi Sorcia, thanks so much for your post. It has really made my day. I am a little over 3 mo PO and I could use a lift. I'm in the middle of "The Depression" and its
very hard to be patient for it to leave. I am working with my dr. but I think that they are hoping it will self pass quickly.
I am glad I had this done but the sagging swelly belly and mood swings and lack of energy are taking a toll. That's why your post has really come thru right when I needed it. Now I know that it's just gonna take time but there is a rainbow at the end of this journey.
Thank you so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
18 months post...yey!!

Thanks Sorcia. I am only 17 days out of a complicated recovery. It is great to read that there really is light at the end of the tunnel. II would have loved to have read that the overhang tummy was replaced by washboard abs but hey, sounds like you are doing great! (ha!) Keep up the good work!

Take Care,

Taryn
Unread 08-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Question on the tummy overhang!

Its great to hear updates like yours. It really hit the spot for me! I was doing great the first two weeks, then just kind of lingered for a week. Today I finally start to feel a little better and now reading your post I feel hopeful!

I have a burning question for you - you mentioned overhang tummy. I have some of that, actually since before the surgery, but its just so much more pronounced right now and I am terrified that it won't go away. I know that all the situps in the world won't take away saggy skin. So how did you get rid of the overhang?

Thanks so much!
Unread 08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
18 months post...yey!!

I am not too far behind Shera on the healing and I agree with her, it's nice to know that there will be an ending to this at some point. I am exactly where she is. "The Depression" is horrible and I just want it to go away as soon as possible. And yup, the belly is horrible too!

Thanks for the update!

Charlene
Unread 08-08-2005, 02:25 PM
18 months post...yey!!

Thanks for the post Sorcia. I am a couple mo post and feeling down like Shera and Charlene. So nice to hear a happy ending!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register