So annoyed with post op vaginal bleeding! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So annoyed with post op vaginal bleeding! So annoyed with post op vaginal bleeding!

Unread 12-19-2009, 11:46 AM
So annoyed with post op vaginal bleeding!

Please tell me someone esle is dealing with this out there! Oh i am so mentally drained from this!
I am day 5 now post TLH, cervix removed vaginally. I bleed the equivalent of a moderate period for the first 2 1/2 days, then it went to what i would consider a mild period. However every morning when i first get up and urinate and have a b/m i go right back to heavy bleeding! Bright red fresh blood dripping or streaming into the toilet... Then it stops and becomes light again... I have spoken to my dr who insists it is all fine and everyone heals differently, that my vaginal stiches might be already dissolving, that maybe i move just the wrong way while getting out of bed, BLAH BLAH BLAh... I hear all that but can't help to sit here and be upset about it> I got my hysterectomy so i could stop my abnormal bleeding, not experience it all over again! Man i am just so frustraited, i think maybe it would be nice to hear someone else out there knows what i'm going through. Thanks for letting me vent

P.S. I feel FABULOUS otherwise. Havent had ANY pain or swelling for 2 days now. Not on anything, and i'm definatelly not overdoing it(all i do is sit on the couch in hopes of preventing bleeding)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Re: So annoyed with post op vaginal bleeding!

((minajensen))

I feel for you! I bled for 12 weeks and some of those days were very heavy and I even had clots! I couldn't believe how many pads I had to buy following my hysterectomy!

Give your body time to heal. The bleeding won't last forever! Do stay in touch with your doctor if you have bright red bleeding and seek medical attention if it fills a pad an hour!

in there!
Unread 12-19-2009, 12:22 PM

I am sorry you are going through this, I so feel for you! I bled almost a whole year, w/ a week a mth not bleeding for a whole year before my hyst. I didn't bleed at all hardly afterwards though. I hear alot of woman who do. Just wanted to wish you well. I hope things get better really soon. I agree w/ Weisers post. Keep an eye on things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2009, 02:46 PM

I'll be six weeks post-op on Tuesday and I've bled every day since. I never dreamed I'd be buying pads after my hysterectomy. I'm so sick of this discharge - I could scream. It has been a little better in the past couple of days. I look forward to the day when I can just wear a panty liner. When I hear 12 weeks - that discourages me! I thought 6 weeks was the most. Is there anything they can do to stop this?
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:34 PM

Weiser and Grace, thank you for sharing your stories with me, after reading all the women on this site saying they have no spotting, not even discharge after their surgeries, I was starting to feel so down. I am keeping an eye on things and have probably the most experienced/renowned surgeon in this whole state, so I know I'm in great hands. I truly hope it will stop sooner than later. Grace, what kind of hysterectomy did you have? I think some drs can use silver nitrite or even cautarize the spot if it's not healing. Personally I am going to see an acupuncturist on Tuesday, hope she can stimulate my body to heal faster. My first post op visit is onmonday and if this is still happening to me by then I will make my dr do something , don't really care what at this point and don't really care if he thinks of me as his worst patient either!
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Hey sister, I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one frustrated with the bleeding/discharge! I'm sick of wearing pads!!! Mine also had an odor sometimes, I was so self concious of it!! I am 4 weeks post op. Today is the first day it has been very light, hope that is a good sign it is about to end!!
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:58 PM

I had a LAVH/BSO and urethral sling. I have had two bacterial infections and a yeast infection from the antibiotics. With each bout of medicine, the discharge goes away for a day or so, but then starts back up. So frustrating. When I had my last pelvic exam a week ago, they told me I have one vaginal cuff stitch that has not dissolved. They thought the Metrogel would help this. I have my 6 week post-op exam on Monday - so I will see. I know the infections have slowed down my recovery. I went back to work at 2 weeks post-op - just half days desk work. I believe a lot of the pain came from the infections. I, too, get discouraged when I hear others saying no pain, no discharge, etc. I had low back surgery 7 years ago and it was so much easier than this. Everyone told me this surgery is a piece of cake - so that makes me feel like a wimp!
Unread 12-20-2009, 07:00 PM

minajensen,
Call your local health food store and speak to someone about supplements to promote healing. Tell them your situation. I did and it was suggested that I take Glutamine, vitamin E and vitamin A. IMPORTANT - Vitamin A twice a week only. I too bleed and had discharge for at least a month or more after my hystr. Very, very heavy at times. After I started on the Glutamine I had a marked decrease in the discharge and bleeding and nearly none in about a week. I'm no Dr., I'm just saying it worked for me.
Unread 12-20-2009, 07:56 PM

Pine-nuts, thank you for your advice! I m actually bleeding a lot more today, so going in first thing tomorrow morning to see my dr. Regardless of what he does I will try the vitamins you have mentioned. Thank you again
Unread 01-05-2010, 01:26 PM

I am 2 weeks ish post op and already tired of the bleeding.. and reading on most of the threads it lasts a lot longer.. has me really discouraged!I tossed out my 100 count box of tampons and everything else period related, thinking this is the end.. but after sending hubby to the store 3 times for liners... well, I have found out it's not (I had no bleeding after day 3 and WHAM! it started heavy...lol)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register