finally... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:51 PM
finally...

Yeah I have a date 3/8...so excited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Re: finally...

Nice to see that you are excited...that positive attitude will take you very far. Keep it up!
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:30 PM

I'm glad you finally got your date and you're excited about it! When you have a chance, don't forget to add your date to your profile so you'll be included in that day's best wishes and get the very best support! I wish you the very best!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 07:34 PM

My date is 3/8 also. I am having a TAH. I'm excited to end the suffering of the last few years, but still a little nervous. Good luck on the 8th! We'll be together on the postop side!
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:51 AM

Sounds like a deal. This has been a long battle for me with even one canceled surgery due to insurance reasons. I am having a lavh with bso (removal of both ovaries) as of now. It is possible I will have to go with tvh when he gets in there...what are you doing to prepare? My husband has taken off for two weeks and then I am on my own.
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:18 AM

I am having the TAH, haven't decided for sure about ovaries. One has cysts, so it will have to come out, but may keep the other. My husband surprised me with shopping money yesterday, and I bought two pair of comfy pj's, a night gown, robe, and slippers! He is also putting blocks under the legs of the couch, so that I can get up and down easier, and building a step beside our rather high bed. My husband is disabled, so he will be with me throughout, but since my kitchen is on the second floor my mom will be coming to stay and cook, etc. for as long as I need her.
I just talked to the Dr.'s office, and everything is set. My surgery is on 3/8 at 12, but I have to be at the hospital at 10, and my preop is set for 3/2. Now that it's official, I am VERY nervous.
After I hung up from my Dr., my dh's Dr. called. He has a mucocele in front of his brain, and will need a second craniotomy. They are going to move it out 4-6 weeks after my surgery.
I think I will go find a dark hole and have a good cry.
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:12 PM

I am glad for you! Good luck!
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:11 PM

Bless your heart mcfalls01. You are having to deal with so much right now. It really sounds like your husband is a wonderful man setting up his princess for her recovery. That is what is important right this minute because the better your recovery the more you can be there for him when it is his time. My surgery is set for 7:30 am so I will be thinking of you as I am coming out...
Unread 02-24-2010, 08:06 PM

Thank you! And I will say a prayer for you when I get up, and rejoice for you when I am going in!
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:24 AM

Hello Ladies!

My TVH is also scheduled for 12 on 3/8! I am getting nervous!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register