Going for hyst may 19, 2004 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going for hyst may 19, 2004 Going for hyst may 19, 2004

Unread 04-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Going for hyst may 19, 2004

Hello. i have a question will i still feel like a woman after my surgery? will i have to take hormonal pills, i have a good sex life right now, but will it stop. i'm 31 and a newly wed. I have had painful periods since i was 14, and it never got better even after 2 births. had a tubal ligation done thinking it would get better, but it did not it got worse. now for the past 3 yrs my cramps are like real bad labor pains. so last month i scheduled for a hysterectomy. my gyn said i qualified for one. but had to have a abdominal surgery because my uterus was to high to have the lapscrpoy done thru the vagina. i'm a little scared but excited for no more pain but nervous about some effects i have head after the surgery ..if i could have some truth and encouragement from women who have just had it done it would be great appreaciated .. thankyou, Springflower.;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2004, 06:35 AM
Going for hyst may 19, 2004

Hello Springflower
You've come to the right place for love, support, friendship and answers toyour most intimate questions.

I'm planned for my hyst on June 14th, and counting the days. My best advice for you is to do your research. Read all theposts here, especially the pre op articles. They will help you understand what is happenning. Also, TALK to your doc Ask him/her exactly what is being removed. If you keep your ovaries, you probably won't need to take hormones. Will you still feel like a woman? Personally I think I will feel MORE like a woman, without being in pain and having to wear baggy clothes, and worrying about staining all my undies, and creating what looks like a crime scene in the bathroom with each period.

You are lucky in that right now you have a great sex life. Many of us here do not have that luxury, as painful intercourse is a big problem. You of course won't be able to have full intercourse for at least 6 weeks post op. But hey, if you're loving it now, I'm sure you're going to be ok.

No question is silly here....just ask.
Wishing you and s
Tam

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register