6 weeks post hysterectomy: So frustrated! When does spotting stop!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post  hysterectomy: So frustrated! When does spotting stop!? 6 weeks post hysterectomy: So frustrated! When does spotting stop!?

Unread 07-19-2016, 07:41 AM
6 weeks post hysterectomy: So frustrated! When does spotting stop!?

I am 6 wks post op tomorrow. I am getting so depressed here lately and have honestly not had this problem before now! I've recovered great! Dr said was healing great at 4 week appt and that I should be fine at my 6 wk. I'm on vacation so can't go see him till next week. I've walked a lot the last couple days....def more than I have since surgery as I've taken things easy! Spotted a little after travel day then it stopped. Now, after two days of walking, I'm spotting again a little heavier. No pad needed but reddish pink when I wipe. I feel great but want to cry every time I see this! Anxiety from this makes me just want to stay in my hotel room!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Re: So frustrated! When does spotting stop!?

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this plus it almost sounds like it is interrupting some vacation time. Yet your body is still healing from major surgery. It could be your body's way of telling you to slow down just a bit more. The two days of walking might have been a bit much if you were already spotting.

Click on the Post-Op link above and it will have various articles on Spotting which might help.

I'd rest a little more today. Call your doctor for any peace of mind.

Unread 07-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Re: 6 weeks post hysterectomy: So frustrated! When does spotting stop!?

Don't worry. Even i had spotting for a long time. For some it takes longer to heal. And may be you are over doing stuffs. May be you should slow down and see. My doc said as long as its not bright red or foul smelling or heavy you need not worry but you must take more rest.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Re: 6 weeks post hysterectomy: So frustrated! When does spotting stop!?

I have the same concerns. I am at 5 weeks and still spotting. I also feel like I should be further along in my healing and able to be more active by now, but I am holding back because of spotting and cramping.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register