A Thank You Gift For Your Doctor? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Thank You Gift For Your Doctor? A Thank You Gift For Your Doctor?

Unread 07-10-2010, 08:57 AM
A Thank You Gift For Your Doctor?

I am 4 weeks out from having a left ovarian remenant with a mass removed (large vertical incision). My hyster was 6 years ago! Whoo hoo
Anyway, I have a very long history with my GYN. She has been my doctor for over 7 years and has gotten me through some very tough times. (I almost died after the birth of my son, the complications after each surgery, ect). She is getting ready to get out of the military and move to another state! My husband is active duty, and it's almost unheard of for him to be stationed in 1 place for so long, or to find a doctor that has been stationed in 1 place as well. I LOVE my doctor and I'm so sad to see her go! She has taken such great care of me! I have her home phone number and email just incase an emergency happens, not many doctors I know will do that for their patients!
Long story short, I would like to get her a thank you gift for everything that she has done for me. This last surgery I had 4 weeks ago was a big one! Bigger than my hyst, and I am still having problems from it today. I want to get her something that says Thank you for all you have done over the years, that it has been appricated, ect.
Sisters, what would you get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Re: A Thank You Gift For Your Doctor?

I'm a big fan of books because you can personalize it by writing a message inside. I love to open up a book and see a note from someone with their name and date. It's a special way to let someone know they've made an impact on your life.
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:21 AM

I think a note or short letter telling her exactly what she and her good care have meant to you, maybe along with any small token you think she would like. The letter will mean more than anything. The other item may come and go but a letter and its thought will be cherished I am sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2010, 10:37 AM

Thank you for your ideas! She is a very special person to me and I want her to know that!
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Hi,
I knit, and I knit prayer shawls. After my TVH, I made a shawl for my gp. He's been my gp for the past 13 years, longer than any other doctor I've had in my half-century. He's referred me to the neurologist who got me the care (and brain surgery) to stop seizures, to the gyn who did my TVH, and to the cardiologist who is doing my surgery the day after tomorrow.

I wrote him a message in a card, but I also knit him a prayer shawl and explained the significance of the colors -- blue is for both healing and faith. I called the office, and they told me to come down right at noon and I could give it to him then. He was so surprised and pleased that I actually got a hug from him. I'm knitting for the two surgeons right now, and those shawls will go to Seattle with me.

Hope this helps,
M
Unread 07-13-2010, 06:31 PM

Hi Nitnew,

I can suggest writing a 2nd letter to the hospital adminstrator where you had your surgery. Just comlimenting your Dr. on her fine work through the years.

Since your Dr. is moving to a new job...there is a good chance the current hospital adminstrator might send on your good word to her new employment place. You can even request it in your letter.

Best wishes~

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register