Hysterical (not funny) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterical (not funny) Hysterical (not funny)

Unread 06-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Hysterical (not funny)

I am in the middle of doing my bowel prep for surgery tomorrow. I have to be at hospital at 7 am. My house is a total mess, I haven't even packed yet! I guess I thought my kids (all 3 of them) and DH would be more helpful I realize now that's not going to happen. I have been asking my son to make his bed since 8:30 am, it is now after 5 and I just had a major breakdown. In front of their friends too. My husband is outside organzing HIS shed! I have been asking him to help me flip our mattress so I can make the bed for hours. Also needed him to put away some stuff in the house-it's not going to happen. My 13 yr old daughter doesn't care about anything but going to the beach with her friends. I am here cleaning her room (only to find some towels and a HAIRBRUSH-because they are ALL in her room somewhere) and she's in the pool! DH is now inside-with an attitude towards me for flipping out! I feel like I'm never going to make it thru the recovery!!! I realize that I have actually been disillusioned thinking they were going to help! Oh, and there are grocery bags in my car from this morning-no one cares but me if they come in! I'll be driving to the castle in the am with bottles of soda rolling around my car-then they'll call me there and tell me they don't have any in the house! I know I'm rambling-sorry for that. My sis lives 2 blocks away but is out of her mind and can't be depended on for ANYTHING-last time I asked her to pick my kids up from school for me she left them standing in the rain until a neighbor finally brought them home for me-(her son was also with them-I pick him up every day from school for her-this was the only time I asked her to do it!) Sorry for rambling........ Just needed to vent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2003, 03:51 PM
:-(

hi there im so sorry that your not getting support from your family my DH has always helped me alot.. my daughter tries. my daughter is a little inconsiderate.... like this morning , she is going with her father for 5 days so i say to her "it would be nice to get a phone call while she is away, just so i wouldnt worry so much about her" her reply was "i guess it would be nice, bit its not going to happen" of course she laughed after that i do beleive you will get more help when you get home, when they see you in bed recooperating take care Lee p.s im almost 6 weeks post tah and bso and i feel great!!!
Unread 06-25-2003, 03:57 PM
bless your heart

I am so sorry your family is not more supportive. The last thing you should have to worry about right now is doing housework and taking care of THEM. After all, YOU are the princess. I hope this day will take a positive turn for you and they will come through.

Big hugs,
Kristina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Hysterical (not funny)

I'm sorry that you are not getting the help you need today. I think the breakdown is something a lot of us do, especially the day before. Try not to let the undone things bother you too badly. Just make sure your recovery area is ready and that you have what you need for when you come home. Has your DH been to any of DR appts to understand why you are trying to do all of this now? Is his being outside cleaning his way of dealing with his anxiety? I wish you the best of luck, take a few deep breaths and go sit down and relax a bit.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register