loss of interest | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

loss of interest loss of interest

Unread 02-09-2005, 08:16 AM
loss of interest

My surgery is 2/16/05 and I have totally lost interest to go to work, home today with migraine and severe cramping due to the fact Aunt Flo came to visit this morning.. I know my boss is very upset I am not there to train the temp they hired but still waiting for Dr. to call with meds I can take for this situation I am in.. I wish I didn't have to work the rest of this week, I would rather go shopping and get all the things I need for hospital and after surgery,(thanks to the link here listing things needed.) Please help with the anxiety of this feeling. I understand I am not alone but sometimes it feels that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 08:22 AM
loss of interest

Hi
I know how you feel, its like you just wanna concentrate your whole life on this op!! I think if we was to be able to do this we would soon be all organised and thinkin what now? I go in tomorrow and my op is on friday. I m glad its nearly here and will soon be over and done with and the long haul of recovery will begin!!!
Alison
Unread 02-09-2005, 08:24 AM
loss of interest

s

No, you're not alone. I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much pain. Your boss will just have to deal with it, you have to take care of you. I hope that you get it under control and can go train the temp. Maybe the temp will learn quickly and you can still do some shopping

Best wishes.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2005, 02:11 PM
loss of interest

I know how you feel--I have decided to take the 2 days before my surgery off so I can make sure I have everything organized and ready for the castle and for when I get home. Try to relax and know that all this pain that we are in is almost over---also have comfort knowing that you are not alone.

I wish you the best
Unread 02-09-2005, 02:30 PM
loss of interest

My surgery is tomorrow 2/10. I was gonna stay home today but thought working would help me pass the time. Everyone is different. Last week all I wanted to do was cry and scream nasty words at my DH. This week I've been very calm. Do what you think is best for YOU! No one else knows or understands how you feel. Good luck.
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:04 PM
loss of interest

I can sure relate to the distraction.

For me, it helped that my surgery was scheduled on a Monday -- I could work through the Friday before, then have two days to just concentrate on myself. Even still, it was hard to get stuff done that last week.....

Take care of yourself. You're worth the effort!
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:42 PM
loss of interest

When I found out yesterday when I was already doing my pre-op that they postponed me until next Friday, I was figuring how much vacation and floaters I had. Wodering if I had enough time not to go back to work between now and then. But I didn't (shhhh I'm at work now) I know it wouldn't set well and my boss has been very great through this time, nothing bad there. I really didn't want to show my face after all the prep I had to do at work. I sent out an e-mail to my team this morning "I'm here - Don't ask" So the brave ones have just teased me, "That was a quick 4-6 weeks"
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:54 PM
loss of interest

Thanks for all the support.. I am taking Monday and Tuesday off before my surgery on Wed. will be at Dr. most of Monday for preop consult and then hospital for registration and blood work, guess I will just go and get the stuff I need and want on Tuesday to keep my mind off surgery for Wed.

anyhow.. I am going to keep reading everyones postings and see if there is any new info I may not have thought about..

Have a wonderful evening
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
loss of interest

Gosh, can I relate to how you're feeling. My surgery is two days before yours.

I too am struggling to train a temp, etc. but I've literally dragged in to work the past couple of days and have left a little early as well.

The only thing that seems to be on my mind is all the things that I still need to do before Sunday (when I'm stuck at home doing the bowl prep thing).

Genuine best wishes on your surgery!
Unread 02-09-2005, 04:09 PM
loss of interest

:confused what bowel prep thing?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register