4 weekers. . . we made it. . . how are you? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weekers. . . we made it. . . how are you? 4 weekers. . . we made it. . . how are you?

Unread 04-19-2005, 10:47 AM
4 weekers. . . we made it. . . how are you?

Can you believe it has been 4 weeks (tomorrow for me). That is a huge milestone. I have a 4 weeks check tomorrow. Not sure if he will do an internal or not, in some ways I hope so and in another way I hope not. . .I am a little scared it will hurt. All of my internal exams hurt soooo bad before surgery. I feel amazingly well. I am pretty much back to my old self, except all the cleaning and lifting stuff. Oh, yeah and without all the pain I had pre op.

Hopefully my doc lets me do a little bit more, I have a list of questions for him. . can I, can I, can I. My doc is a very strict about NO SEX for 12 weeks. . . . .

I will post tomorrow when I get back from my doc's visit.

angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 11:27 AM

4 weeks today! YAY!

Had my first doctor's appt yesterday. The internal was fine. She found a little granulation and dabbed it with silver nitrate. It didn't hurt - just felt a little weird. Now I have spotting again, but that's normal.

Other than that, all is good. I forgot to ask the MOST IMPORTANT question - am I cleared for sex? Will call today to ask (but even if she says yes, I'll tell DH another week or two... I'm not quite ready.)

My doc is a great surgeon, but not good at the interpersonal info-sharing... sigh. At least I have all of you to rely on! And, those Checkpoints are great too!
Unread 04-19-2005, 12:19 PM

4 weeks for me tomorrow! Boy, time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it??
Feeling pretty good at this point. Only thing that really gives me problems is sitting up in a straight chair for a while - have to recline a little after that. I'm walking 2 miles a day now, and worked 3 hours today. Plan on going back to work next week, if not full time it'll be pretty darn near it.
It's great being on the downhill side!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 01:00 PM

I was four weeks yesterday, and resumed going to the gym today! Yea! It feels good to be doing something, ANYTHING, with my body. I am feeling really good in general, not in the sex department, though (believe me, angie RN, right now I WISH the DR had told me twelve weeks! It would take some of the pressure off!lol). Don't worry so much about the pelvic exam; the last four internals I had before surgery were absolutely agonizing. The ones I've had since (including an internal at one week post op) have been nowhere near as bad! I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel, and ladies, we are in the home stretch of our six week limits now! I hope every one of you is feeling better than you have since puberty, because I know I do!
Vanessa
Unread 04-19-2005, 02:35 PM

4weeks tomorrow.....I have felt worse the last week than I did the first 3 though( after the first few days anyway) and wish I knew why. Yesterday I cleaned for about 1 hour and 15 minutes and hurt so badly when I got done that I had to take a pain pill. I don't think I will be able to return to my job even at 6 weeks. I am a waitress at the Outback Steakhouse and the dishes we use and carry are SO heavy that I don't think I can carry them. When I carry a full tray it is easily 25-30 pounds or more. I am thinking of going and applying at one of the buffet only restaurants where you only have to bus your tables and as long as you prebus it should be okay.
I go to the Doctor next Monday for a check up and I know things are okay. He told me I could have sex at 4 weeks if I felt up to it....I did it last night for the first time and had no problems. We were careful and it was okay....I say okay because I couldn't really relax....I kept waiting for it to hurt so I am sure it will get better with time. Hubby did say it felt a little tighter than before....not sure if this is a good thing or not,lol.....should I take that as an insult? LOL. Anyway....hope everyone else is doing well!
Unread 04-19-2005, 03:42 PM

I'm doing much better this week than last week. Seems like things are back to normal. I took on a project that I am kicking myself over. I decided to repaint our bathroom. Well, that involves stripping old wallpaper, going over the walls with spackle, priming, then painting. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? I'm not having fun doing it, but am so looking forward to the finished product. Then on to the kitchen next!

I'm sorry some of you ladies are still hurting. There are times when I get a knock back into reality and it hurts, but the good times are getting more and more. I'm so excited about it. Only bummer part is, cleaning. Can't I have at least 2 more weeks of not having to do the dishes and cleaning??

Good luck ladies!
Shine
Unread 04-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Four weeks for me today. Woo hoo!!! I am feeling pretty good. Have not been cleared for much except walking, driving, light housework. Have to wait until middle of May for final check (my doc is in Hawaii).

I was really active before surgery - walk 4 miles 3x week, weight lifting 2-3x week, etc. But, this has really kicked my butt. I can walk but easy to overdo it. I live in the mountains of No. Calif. and hard to find flat ground to walk on. I went with my neighbor last week (less than 1 mile) and had to rest for two days after. Went today and feel great. Will try again tomorrow.

Overall, just sore and healing great. My swelly belly isn't so bad and usually just in the evening.

I am happy I had this surgery and look forward to my summer vacation with no Aunt Flo.

Good luck everyone.....

Teresa
Unread 04-20-2005, 05:03 AM

I'm just over four weeks and feeling OK. Still get tired if I do too much though, swelly belly still with me and I'm sore to touch below belly button. Went for my first walk out of the garden yesturday, about 1 1/2 miles and was fine but feel tired today. Still got discharge though, got my check up next week, dont feel ready for sex either, good to see you all getting on OK, time does fly when you are doing nothing
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:22 AM

Boy I am glad to see that it is not unusual for me to feel this rough and that others are still on the same level I am.....I am really worried about being ready to go back to work.......
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:42 AM

I am exactly 4 weeks. I feel awesome except for my back hurts sometimes. I have been out everyday walking. I am going back to work on Friday. My dr. cleared me to have SEX after 4 weeks, however, I am waiting until I have my 6 week checkup. I have not spotted or bled at all and I would like to keep it that way. I will have to beat hubby off with a stick for 2 more weeks. He understands, though. I have cleaned my house from top to bottom with my dd help. The only thing I haven't done is vacuum. I am going to try and play tennis Sunday for the first time in almost 5 weeks. Actually, I am pretty amazed all in all how well I have done. I guess I am tougher than I thought!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register