throbbing sensation after peeing post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

throbbing sensation after peeing post hysterectomy throbbing sensation after peeing post hysterectomy

Unread 05-02-2010, 05:57 AM
throbbing sensation after peeing post hysterectomy

Hi

I am 7 weeks post sah kept ovaries. Have healed pretty well and feel ok. No pain or anything and am regularly checked for uti all clear. Have been ultra sounded at 4th week and all ok. However urination is strange not actual peeing itself no burning pain or stinging. After i pee my vagina throbs and kind of pulsates a little doctor said my bladder was handled a lot during op (fibroids attached to it etc) said it was bruising and should go but could take a while i have had this since surgery. Any one else out there a bit further down the line experienced anything similar. Have had cytoscope pre op and all clear. very funny throbbing sensation. anyone ?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Re: throbbing sensation after peeing post hysterectomy

I have had some kind of sensation immediately at the tail end of peeing too. I am not sure if it in my vagina or kind od the vaginal cuff area. Not a pain more of a strange feeling. I remember seeing a post a few weeks ago about it too. My is much better and I mostly notice it if my bladder was real full. I am 6 1/2 weeks now.
Unread 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM

I might be experiencing what you are describing as well. Since my surgery, sometimes, if I've held it for too long and then urinate, my clitoris pulses. It's not painful just disconcerting. When I tried to describe it to my surgeon he suggested I go more frequently and not hold it so much.

I am 11 weeks out from a RALVH - BSO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2010, 05:39 PM

I am 2 weeks post-op. My bladder hurts after I urinate especially during the night. I have to use a heat pad until it calms down. No actual problems urinating, no pain or stinging, just the pain in the general area afterwards. From what I have read, it seems to be the result of the trauma the bladder underwent during the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register