Maybe I'm crazy! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Maybe I'm crazy! Maybe I'm crazy!

Unread 06-14-2001, 12:13 PM
Maybe I'm crazy!

My left ovary has some simple and complex cysts on it. I have given my doc the go ahead to take it if he thinks its best but since my right one is okay, I am opting to keep it. That way I wont have to take estrogen. I am about 7 years away from menopause and would rather keep what I can. My doctor left it up to me to decide, but I think he knows what is good and what isnt so I am giving him the authority to do what he thinks is best for me and my health.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2001, 12:57 PM
Good Luck

Hey I'm 9 days post op from LAVH. You've made the right decisions and my surgery was a peice of cake. Everything has been alot easier than I ever thought. Keep us informed. Hugs and smiles
Unread 06-14-2001, 01:24 PM
looking ahead

Hi Susan,
I'm glad that you have such a positive attitude, especially since you were writing your post at a time when you were experiencing lots of pain. My surgery is scheduled for the day before yours -Monday, June 18 (supposed to be at 12 noon, Eastern time) and I'm generally feeling more relaxed than I expected. There are moments when my emotions have been up and down, but I think part of that is also because my *last* (.) is due to arrive just about the time of the surgery! I don't know if there are any advantages/disadvantages of it starting sooner or later, other than the obvious one that if it's sooner, my blood count will be even lower than it is now. My hemoglobin is just barely 10 with iron supplements, and I've heard that 9 is the cut off for doing surgery without a pre-op transfusion. So I would definitely like to avoid any more bleeding!

Several people have posted messages about their choice of anesthesia. I'm going to have an epidural, which was also the anesthetic used for my daughter's cesarean birth almost 23 years ago! The medications and techniques have probably improved since then, but even at that time, I had minimal problems and was so grateful to be awake. I have a wonderful relationship with my female gynecologist, and the anesthesiologist who will be working on my case is my friend and neighbor. So I have a great feeling of having two very capable women in charge at either end of the operating table

Sending best wishes to all,
Nancy

SAH scheduled June 18 (multiple large fibroids, pain, heavy bleeding, anemia) Keeping ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2001, 01:41 PM
Maybe I'm crazy!

I am scheduled for a TAH on Wed. June 20. I go for my pre-op Monday. Even though I have had several surgeries, including four caesareans, I am still a bit nervous. I'm ready to get the horrible painful periods behind me, but I'm scared of all the pain and possible complications. This site has helped to answer many of the questions I had. Reading the posts of other women going through the same thing helps a great deal. I guess I feel euphoric and horrified at the same time. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself these last few days. I've been getting everything ready, but am really getting bored with that too. I just want it over with.
Unread 06-14-2001, 03:53 PM
Maybe I'm crazy!

Hi everyone!

What a treat to sign on today and find all your wonderful posts.

I went out today, to an appointment, then to a huge craft store (Michaels) that I had never been to and wanted to check out. I figured i'd take advantage of my independence while it lasts. The store was huge and full of all sorts of fun stuff. I did my granny thing, using the cart as sort of a walker, and explored. Had to find the bathroom, and figured I should probably wrap it up and get in line to check out. Well, while in line, whoosh, I could feel the bleeding flow. So back to the bathroom, then back in line to check out. Now I am home and I am in pain!! I'm back in bed, with my heaty pad and Anaprox. I called my gyn and she's phoning in a prescription for Vicoden. DH is out getting it. Ugh!

I'm on continuous birth control pills to keep me from having a period at all, though I still have spotting everyday and mild to mod pain off and on. But today feels like a period and I've passed one of those wonderful big clots

I am ready for this surgery more than ever! Bring it on!! I'm finding that the things that I am nervous about are not the surgery, but other things, like getting everything ready at home (to my satisfaction) in time, an having to stay in the hospital, and little details. But deep inside I know this is right and I am ready.

Shannon, I will be thinking of you on "our day". I would be honored if my energy or thoughts could be of help to you... I've got enough to share so help yourself!

Well I'm in bed for the rest of the day, so I'm off to explore the rest of the messages...

Sending love and wishes for health to you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register