FINALLY! Scheduled for the 30th, but worse than I thought! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FINALLY! Scheduled for the 30th, but worse than I thought! FINALLY! Scheduled for the 30th, but worse than I thought!

Unread 08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
FINALLY! Scheduled for the 30th, but worse than I thought!

I had my preop today. I'm scheduled for the 30th and I already knew that I would end of with a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy but my Gyn and I just assumed I could keep my ovaries. Well, the results from my vaginal ultrasound showed my right ovary has cysts on it and it has shrunk in 'size'??? did it choke or die or something? She wants to keep my left ovary unless she gets in there and finds issues with that one as well.

So now I don't know what will happen. She said I have 3 Orange-sized fibroids in and on my Uterus that are causing all my discomfort, even though, to be honest, it's not all THAT painful.... Its more the issue of 52 day periods with flooding/clotting/gushing/yucky/...shall I go on???

I think if I wouldn't have opened my cotton-pickin' mouth, I could have skated the bowel prep. I brought it up and she said, "oops... I would have forgot".... Dang!!! So Golytely it is!!! Ugh!

So I'll be taking my laptop to the castle with me.... I will be in for 3 to 4 days she said... I am getting a vertical cut and staples... yuck! I told her I wanted stitches or glue or tape... anything but those and she said because of the size of the opening, that's what she does.

That's crap too, my hubby gave his sister 60% of his liver last August and had a frowny face cut from one side of his body to the other in an arc, and they just TAPED him shut!!! I don't get it, they cut through muscle and everything on him!!!

So now its countdown time... I'm dreading the recovery, not the surgery.

So what other sisters are on the 30th? I'm sure we'll get to know each other well throughout our recovery!!

Terrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 04:25 PM

I have a huge uterus too- and I can't remember if she said I was getting a vertical or bikini cut. I thought she said bikini over my old c-sec scar----is that big enough to get out a giant uterus? A vertical would go from belly button straight down, right? How ugly! How deforming! I am going to have a fit if I find out at my preop that it can't be a bikini cut. OMG
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Welll yeah... I WAS having a fit... I kept telling her I do not want clamps... she said she doesn't have an option with the vertical and the Uterus is too big... with possibly taking out the ovaries too? I got the impression it was higher than the belly button too... not that I'm "bikini material anyway" at 48 years old... I'm just thinking that this recovery is going to be as crappy as my back surgery was, or maybe even worse!!!

ALL I can say is I better have some REALLY good drugs with all of this!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 05:26 PM

well, I am 44 and I am finally in decent physical shape- I am looking pretty hot for my age if I do say so myself- finally got down to pre-baby weight, working out, finally have a decent hair cut, finally feel good about myself and I even get looks from other men and my sex life is pretty great. Now I might have to blow it all with this? Geeze!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register