dVH/RALH Uncomfortable vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uncomfortable vagina Uncomfortable vagina

Unread 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Uncomfortable vagina

I have a very uncomfortable feeling in my vagina. I had my uterus and cervix removed on Tuesday, so with the vaginal cuff healing and swelling it makes sense, but this is a strange and unusual feeling so I would like to hear from others who've been through it. It feels a bit like I'm really swollen inside and a bit like something is stuck in there and falling out. It's really just a very uncomfortable feeling that I can't describe. How long before that discomfort goes away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Re: Uncomfortable vagina

If you check old posts on that weird feeling you're describing, you will see I worried about it a lot during my recovery, especially when my surgeon had apparently never heard anyone describe this!!! I was relieved to find out so many other sisters on here had felt the strange feeling too - I had this weird swollen/worried something was going to fall out feeling from the 2d week through at least my 5th week or so. Definitely mention to your doctor to ensure there is no prolapse issue, but I was seen at the 2d and 7th weeks and released for "everything" and I feel great now at the 3 month mark. I still get a bit of that same feeling when I lift too much (had to carry my 20 lb dog at the vet yesterday), but it goes away after awhile. I think it is as you refer to, the healing of the tissues. My doctor gave me Premarin cream to also help the tissues heal, which I think was definitely helpful. I hope you feel better soon, but hopefully once you see how many women have felt what you are describing, you will not worry about it too much. Take care!
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. The feeling makes sense with knowing my cervix was replaced with a vaginal cuff, but it certainly feels odd. It's almost like I can feel the stitches at the top and I'm fine when I sit, but when I stand the feeling gets uncomfortable. I was just wondering how long to expect it to last and sounds like many weeks. Oh well. At least I know my vagina isn't numb, so that's a plus. Also, all of my pre-op aches and pains are gone and they were far worse than this bizarre vagina sensation.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM

I had my DaVinci April 4 and still have the feelings you described. Mine is mostly when I sit for long periods of time though. Not so much when I stand.
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:56 PM

I've been having the sme feelings down below. It also feels swollen. I was hoping to find other posts that women are going through the same thing so I don't worry. But really, how long does this feeling last? I had a LVH for bladder prolapse and endometriosis. They also had to repair or remove my right ovary because it was fused to my sm bowel & Fallopian tube.
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:40 PM

there is another thread currently about this issue. I felt the same way. I was very sore/swollen/uncomfortable for a few weeks. It got better each day but very slowly.
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:06 PM

I think the length of time for all different kinds of pulling, swelling, sore, heavy, uncomfy, twitching, pinching, painful gas episodes will happen for quite awhile, like from a 1wk up to 6wks....they do slow down and get better as time goes on, and every once inawhile you may still get a pinch or twist or pain at odd places that may startle you, but all this is normal, and ive read in here they can last for months,,but they do get easier as u settle into recovery and then at times you will feel like you could run the marathon as you feel soooooo good....were all very diff in how our bodies decide to heal by time frame, so please just know this is all normal and now try to get plenty of rest and lots of love...Peace be with you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register