Surgery in 2 wks - but in pain now : ( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in 2 wks - but in pain now : ( Surgery in 2 wks - but in pain now : (

Unread 06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Surgery in 2 wks - but in pain now : (

I am scheduled for biologic mesh posterior repair on 7/3/07. I have missed several days of work due to painful blisters/sores. Sorry if TMI - the rectocele is grade 4 (I was originally told grade 5 by the intern, but he misunderstood the doctor). The prolapsed area is rubbing on my undergarments and my outer skin and is raw. The external area is raw. I am miserable for the moment. Laying flat with no bottoms is the only way for me to get any type of relief. It is so hot out that just getting in the car and driving to work is difficult. I am sorry to be a baby about this. I know many of you are in much worse shape. Ibuprofen is not helping.

I just had to vent. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 05:45 PM

blustreak--

I am so sorry you are having such a miserable time. Has your DR suggested to you any use of a pessary until your surgery? Is it even possible to use a pessary for a grade 4 prolapse (I don't know)? I really feel for you. Have you tried using baby powder with zinc & cornstarch with its very soothing properties to help reduce friction?

I wish I had more to offer you. I do hope you find some relief ASAP. Sending many +++ thoughts and extra good vibes.......
Unread 06-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Hi blustreak,

I have a rectocele. I cannot walk or use the glider for excercise because it rubs the rectocele until it get chaffed, red, swollen.....it's miserable.

The good news is that you will get this fixed in 2 weeks and start healing.

The bad news is....that you have to wait 2 weeks. ugh!
I am sorry that you have to wait. 2 weeks seems like forever when you are in pain.

Some things that worked for me when it was inflamed was:

1. cold pack
2. heating pad (when the weather wasn't so hot)
3. limited walking...no gliding
4. no jeans
5. advil and tylenol on a rotating schedule

I hope you feel better soon and that the next 2 weeks go by quickly.
Unread 06-18-2007, 03:31 AM

I really need your words of support Orahdeb and Tabitha! Thank you. Deb, I hope you are feeling much better after your most recent procedure. Tabitha, thanks for the extra options. I havent tried cold packs yet. I will be taking a seat cushion and cold pack to the office today. Thanks girls for cheering me up, too!

Cheri'
Unread 06-18-2007, 06:35 AM

Cheri?

2 weeks can feel like a long time.

I am feeling so very much better today, thank you. I am getting back to my more normal life--thank goodness. I'm still healing but I can tell this surgery is much easier on my body than the last ones have been.

Here's hoping the next 2 weeks will go by very quickly for you....
Unread 06-18-2007, 07:49 AM

Cheri, I can't imagine trying to deal with a rectocele that bad. I am glad your surgery is coming up soon (just not soon enough). I think the cold pack sounds good. Also try extra strength Vagisil. I have used it for my perineal repair and it has a pretty good numbing effect. It will also keep tissue from getting too dry.

I hope the time passes quickly for you. In a twisted bright side, recovery will seem a breeze compared to this!!!! Hang in there!
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:01 AM

Bluestreak,
Sorry you are in such pain. Have you called your Doc? Maybe they could move it up. I would try the ice packs. Make sure you have nice, roomy soft cotton panties to wear.
I hope your work is understanding.
Jen
Unread 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the tip about the Vagisil, Kathie. Am sending husband to get some! Called yesterday to ensure that I was on the list in case someone cancels and they can squeeze me in earlier. I counted the steps from my desk at work to the restroom today....57 steps each way. Ok..I'll shut up now.
Unread 06-19-2007, 04:20 PM

I sure hope it helps!!! It has really made a difference for me. Puts the pain from the front of your mind to the back. Funny story, at our little river getaway at the river in south Texas last week I got eaten alove by chiggers. I guess I am allergic to them because they turned into quarter size welts (about 25 of them on my legs) that turned deep purple and itched beyond belief. I had to get up every 2 hours to put cream on them to stand it. Guess what the only cream I had at the river...Yep, Vagisil. I can now recommend it for bug bites AND our private areas!!!!! Saved my life in more than one way!

I sure hope your sugery gets here soon and the cream helps on the meantime!! Super
Unread 06-20-2007, 04:10 AM

LOL regarding the chigger treatments, Kathie! I am allergic to those buggers too! I take benedryl too when I get into chiggers. Hope everyone has a pleasant day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register