new here and scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here and scared new here and scared

Unread 08-07-2003, 07:32 AM
new here and scared

Hi, my name is Terry. I am 36 yrs old, mom of 3 beautiful children. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on august 21. Just looking for someone, anyone to listen I guess. I have had heavy periods since the age of 10, started with ovarian cysts at 13, tubal pregnancy at 20. I have my period for 2 weeks out of the month and walk around looking like a ghost most of the time. Doctors were not that helpful for many yrs, even had one tell me it was normal for some women to go through 3 pads at a time. haha.
Anyway, finally met a doctor who listened, found large pollops, enlarged uterus and abnormal cells on cervix. I know I am not having any more kids and that is ok but I still feel a great sadness knowing it is so final, weird huh? Talked with my best friend who has been great but she doesnt get it, says the surgery will be a breeze, even family members inviting me to cookouts a week after I come home. Its like no one takes it seriously so I have stopped talking about it to others. Thanks for the ear, just needing to vent a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2003, 07:58 AM
new here and scared

(((((Terry)))))))))),

Welcome to Hystersisters !!!!!!!!

I am sorry that some people don't get it. A hysterectomy is very much major surgery and you will require a 6-8 week initial recovery with total recovery taking up to a year , even longer for some ladies.

This link , from the pre op articles/hints link on the home page,may be of help , print it and show your family.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=99323

I don't see how you will be able to go to a picnic the first week. I didn't leave the house for 2 weeks !!!!And only for a short time then.

You will only get one chance to heal properly.Please take the time you will need to pampmer yourself and heal right for a better future. A few months now, will help have great YEARS to come !

Feel free to post any ?s you have .

Best wishes,
Pamcat

P.S. Please edit your profile to include your surgery date so you will recieve your greeting as you go to surgery !

Best wishes
Unread 08-07-2003, 08:10 AM
new here and scared

Terry -

Welcome! You and I are scheduled for the same day! Relax. I realize you are scared and surgery is a big deal - but think about after. Your life will be a million percent better. I am so looking forward to having my life back I can't wait! Ask as many questions as you need and keep reading the posts. The women here are so wonderful. This is one of the most positive support boards out there.

Good luck and things will be just fine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2003, 08:31 AM
new here and scared

Terry

Welcome to hyster sisters!

You have found the best place for support and understanding from women who know where you are coming from. Please ask any and all questions you can think of as I am sure you have seen nothing is off limits.

Best of luck to you.

s

Donna

Donate blood, the life you save may be your own!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register