A special Thank You to someone... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A special Thank You to someone... A special Thank You to someone...

Unread 02-25-2005, 04:14 PM
A special Thank You to someone...

This may seem odd, but I wanted to post a special Thank You to somone who isn't part of this group, but a BIG part of my life...My Husband! He has just informed me that he will be taking Tuesday nite off work so that he can stay at the hospital all day and nite when I have my surgery. This is from a man, that has been under for open heart surgery at 4 days old and at 16 years old, and couldnt even walk into the hospital a cpl years ago to visit his mom (she was very understaing of this too) when she had a gastric bypass...he gets extremely nervous and no one here blames him...we all understand.
Also, since I have a hard time staying still, unless there is a good movie on... He went and upgraded our basic cable to digital and included Shotime channels...just keep my butt in the recliner!
For the times that I am in the bedroom, in bed, eithr sleeping or just getting away from everyone, he picked up a small radio/CD player to put in there for me. Tomorrow, he is taking me to get some Nature sound cd's and some Native american music to help me relax!!! Oh yeah...he is even buying me a venti iced mocha with soy (as dairy and i dont like each other ) every day this week and weekend.
Thank You, Shadd!!!!

(I posted this because he always looks over my shoulder when I am on here )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 04:32 PM

Its not odd at all!! I think it is really sweet that you wanted to thank your Hubby in such a way! He sounds like a real sweetheart!! Be sure to give him a hug from all of us!!
Thank you Shadd for taking such good care of our Sister!!
Hugs
Jen
Unread 02-25-2005, 04:48 PM

SO SWEET!!!!

What a nice tribute to your DH. He sounds like he has been through a lot himself! It sure makes things like this easier to go through when you have a gem of a DH helping, supporting and loving you along the way!!

Best of luck with your surgery....sounds like you are in good hands, both medically and matrimonially!

Hugs,
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2005, 07:41 PM
A thoughful husband is to be treasured

I am happy to hear that someone else has a wonderful thoughtful husband. I don't know how well I would be doing with all of this hyster stuff with out my rock to lean on. I sometimes have forgotten that this is very hard and scarey for my husband too. Just because he is a big old tough Marine, doesn't mean he isn't worried about me being ok and is trying to do everything he can think of to make things easy and safe for me. I have been thinking of ways to let him know how grateful I am that we are life partners and one of the ways is that I have pre scheduled to send him ecards everyday for when I am at the hospital and then home for recovery. There are lots of sites that will do that but my favorite is www.webshots.com its free and they have beautiful pictures.
So with such wonderful care I am sure you will do fine. Tell your hubby he's a great guy and we all wish you both a speedy recovery!! -Kestrel
Unread 02-25-2005, 07:42 PM

AHHHHH- so sweet.
I have a suggestion for the native american music. I have a very dear friend, maybe you have heard of him- Douglas Spotted Eagle?
His music is Fantasitic, and i highly recomend the CD pray. IMHO it is one of his best....
your Dh sounds wonderful....
snickers
Unread 02-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Snickers,
I have heard the name, but have yet to hear the music...but will be looking for it tomorrow!!!

Thanx!!!
Unread 02-26-2005, 01:43 AM

Hi,

Your hubby sounds like a truly wonderful man. Just like my sweetie (smile) We are very blessed.

I have a suggestion too for some Native American music. I absolutely love this particular cd. I don't care how upset I get this cd calms me down instantly. I usually drift off to sleep.

Artists: R. Carlos Nakai & William Eaton with The Black Lodge Singers

Title: Ancestral Voices

Featured Instruments: Native American flute, guitar, harp guitar and lyre.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Good luck with your trip to the Castle.

Peace and Blessings, MzTumari
Unread 02-26-2005, 01:41 PM

We have a special forum....we call: Dear Honey.

Please post your messages to your "honeys" there in that forum for the world to see.

Its a slow moving forum and only for these kind of messages so your words won't be buried in a few hours here in this busy pre-op forum.

To find the Dear Honey forum, go to the forum main page and scroll down a bit. You will find it easily!

Unread 02-26-2005, 05:05 PM

You are both very special people. You were eached blessed with finding the other. I'm glad that you will have all the support you need and that you'll have added peace going into the surgery, knowing all that you'll have to look foreward to!
Blessings-
Amber

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register