Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Unread 11-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Help!

I had a TVH on 11/12. Have had unbearable pain ever since. I was diagosed yesterday with vaginal cuff cellulitis. The pain is horrible. They've started me on heavy duty antibiotics with strict orders to go to the ER if I'm not better (fever dropping and pain) by Friday AM.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Having trouble finding much on it on the internet.

Thank you, in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

OMG Michelle - My Dr told me today I have this also. I went in for my 2 week check but I was glad it was today as I had a lot of pain and a high fever starting Monday night. I am also on antibiotics plus I have to have a CT scan to ensure there is no abcess. Are you bleeding? He said I was bleeding more than I should, but I have bled everyday since my surgery.

Complications stink!! This is my second and I came home today and cried!!

Hang in there - we WILL get through this!!

Starbgirl
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

WOW, I am sorry that you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel. My poor husband doesn't know what to do. I had to give up pain killers the day after surgery because they were making me so sick . .me and tylenol aren't doing very well with the pain. I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone.

The weird thing about bleeding . .I have none, none at all. I only had a little blood the first day or two . . nothing now. However, I do have a very liquid (urine like) drainage. Have to wear heavy duty pads to help with it.

My dr. didn't mention a CT scan ..just that I was to go to the ER on Friday if fever hadn't broke and pain wasn't any better and that I have to call her office on Monday. She did tell me that I needed to start my recovery completely over as if I'd just had surgery because I hadn't healed at all yet.

Yeah, complications do stink. I feel like I've been in hard labor for a week and a half now.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your first complication?

I'm hanging . .I can't wait to feel better!!!

I hope you feel better soon too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Thanks Michelle. My first complication happened the day after I was released. My bladder was retaining urine, so I had to go to the ER where they drained 1200 cc's!!!! I then had to come home on the catheter for a week or so. I just got that cleared up and now this!!! Ugh. I feel like I haven't healed at all yet either! I haven't been taking my pain meds but since Monday night it's been hard not to!

Well feel better and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Starbgirl
Unread 11-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Michelle, you mention a urine like drainage..I had a TAH on Nov. 8 and about 1 week later I started wetting my pads....the blood had stopped and now I thought I was being incontinent. It lasted a couple of days and now has changed back to yellowish with blood in it. Saw my Doctor who said the top of my vagina was open and the fluid was draining from my peritoneum. Wondered if you still have the drainage or has it subsided? Any more info would be appreciated. My Dr. did cat scans, x rays, a dye test in my bladder.
I will see him again on Friday to have it checked.
Hope you feel better soon and Happy Thanksgiving.
Jo, Ontario, Canada
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

JMary -

I am still having the urine like substance draining. I'm fighting that with the pain right now. I had not had any blood since a day or two after surgery until yesterday afternoon, all the sudden I've started bleeding again. I have no idea why this is so hard.

My dr. took some tests but no x-rays or ct scans, not yet anyway. I was so swollen she couldn't really get up in there. I'm suppose to go to the ER tomorrow if this fever and pain continues . . . if it subsides I'm suppose to call her office to discuss on Monday.

This is all way more painful than I'd hoped. Nights are awful . .usually around 4 pm till morning my pain is almost unbearable . .it goes from my waist down to the upper part of my thigh . . the majority of it is on my right side which my doctor confirmed while I was in there.

My fingers are still crossed that these antibiotics will work . . . I hate this.

I hope you are feeling better. Please keep me posted on what your doctor says. I have never felt so out in the dark in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Michelle
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Starbgirl -

I hear you on the pain meds. I wish something would knock me out so I could just sleep through all of this. My dr. gave me a sleeping pill but it only works for about 5 hours a night . . . outside of that I'm wide awake and acutely aware of the pain.

I'm sorry to hear you've had other complications. I hope you are feeling better today.

Try to enjoy your Thanksgiving! Keep me posted on what your progress is.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Michelle
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

OH Michelle, I hope you feel better soon. Doctor didn't put me on antibiotics as he determined that my clear discharge wasn't coming from my bladder. I have been having blood for the past couple of days ever since the clear stuff stopped or almost anyway. I'll let you know how my check up goes. I will pray that your pain subsides and the antibiotics work for you. My pain is worse today but then I overdid it yesterday so I'm paying today. Big hugs to you,
Jo
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Hi. I just wanted to say...remember to eat your yogurt if you're on antibiotics. Nothing like a good 'ol yeast infection to add to your other pain and complications.

I have been on a strong antibiotic for 2 weeks now. My incision is not healing well. I have a hole (just smaller than a dime) front and center of my incision. My DH has to replace the packing twice a day, for at least the next two weeks. I have started feeling the effects of the antibiotics, and have started eating yougurt once again.

Also....I guess because of the stress on the body from surgery, I have several UGLY fever blisters on my upper lip and in my mouth.

Good luck... I hope you don't have to go to the ER, but cellulitis is nothing to play around with.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, let others take care of you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammy
Unread 11-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Vaginal Cuff Cellulitis

Hi Ladies -

Michelle - I am in pain still also. Plus now with my bleeding today I'm starting to pass some fairly large clots which I haven't had up till now. I'm hoping it was becasue of him poking around in there yesterday. My Dr also gave me some Ambien. I slept on and off last night for the first time in 2 weeks. So although the ambien didn't work perfectly,
I'll take what I can get. I have to start drinking ensure today to try to gain some weight back. I've lost so much and I didn't have any to lose. I hope it tastes ok. I'm kind of picky!

the other thing is I don't know about you but Im so weak!! I barely feel like I can shower today.

So anyway now that I'm done complaining - have a Happy Thansgiving!! Thanks so much everyone for being here to listen to my woes. I'm going to eat alot of turkey and spend the rest of my day in bed.

Cheers,

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register