Uterine Biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Biopsy Uterine Biopsy

Unread 01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Uterine Biopsy

For those of you who have had a uterine biopsy, as we all know, there is a lot of cramping involved with the biopsy. But, has anyone experienced more painful than normal (ie, more painful than the pain you're already experiencing) periods AFTER your biopsy? For me, since my uterine biopsy, I have had the most painful pierods ever. I don't know if that is coincidence, or if it takes a couple months for your uterus to fully heal from the biopsy?

Just wondering other people's experience with pain after a uterine biopsy?

Ironically, this period I'm about to start (haven't started yet, but it'll reveal it's ugly face any day now) so far has not been as painful (the pre-preiod cramps, I mean) as my last two periods. But, my last two periods were the periods that were right after my biopsy.

I can't imagine that a biopsy would cause pain for 2 full periods AFTER the biopsy (ie, up to 8 weeks after biopsy), but maybe it can??? Or, maybe my pain just ironically got worse after the biopsy?

I think I just am overanalyzing things too much.... haha... I think this is the most difficult part about waiting for the surgery to come.... just overanalyzing everthing.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Uterine Biopsy

Hi - whenever I had my biopsies (every 6 months for 3 years) I did notice a heavier and crampier period that followed.
If it helps - post-op the cramps are gone along with the uterus - I feel achy but no where near like period cramps- what a relief! And the clear pathology report was also a relief.
Hope your next few weeks go fast and as pain free as possible.
Tracy
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Uterine Biopsy

Loves to Run -

I had the same experience after biopsy, OUCH! The worst period of my life was the one following the biopsy. Fortunately for me it was my last. TLH 1/16/08. One week and counting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Uterine Biopsy

I agree, I had the same problem. Mine was so bad in fact, that my doc gave me a depo injection. Cramps and bleeding stopped within 3 hours! It was amazing...I had the injection on dec3rd and surgery on dec20...
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Uterine Biopsy

I had the uterine biopsy the day after Thanksgiving I had had my period November 6th and spotted after then went into the worst period of my life (11 days after last) have had constant cramping to this day! Thank god the 18th is only 10 days away hopefully the last period was Dec 24th. But I think it is going to try to get one more in. I have bloated and actually went to the ER a week after the biopsy and got a shot of pain killer and who knows what else to stop the period after the biopsy. I am glad to see someone else had the same thing I swore the LNP messed something up but mt DH says it will be all gone soon when I told him I was going to call the DR again he reminded me my pre op is Friday and surgery a week from that.
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Uterine Biopsy

So maybe my terrible cramping (worse than before the biopsy) was from the biobsy? This month, my cramping is not as bad as it was the two months after my biopsy. my surgery is Feb. 4. I will still have the surgery as I've been having problems for a year now with random spotting and bad cramping, and heavier periods. But, before my biopsy, I wasn't sure I needed the surgery, but after my biopsy, when I had the most painful periods ever in my whole life, that is when I scheduled my surgery because I figured things just took a turn for the worse. But, this month... my 3rd period after the biopsy... I definitely have cramping, but I'm back to the cramping I had before the biopsy....

Anyway, so I am thinking it was the effects of the biopsy that led me to schedule my surgery. But, regardless, I still really want this surgery... I'm just tired of dealing with the whole monthly thing, and not knowing when I might spot. And, also, just the cramps consume my mind, even if they aren't terrible, because when I get a bad cramp, I always wonder, "is this goign to be the start of teh REALLY bad ones", and then it is tolerable, and then I'll get another waver of cramps, and I'll think, "is THIS going to be the start of the really bad ones..." and so on....

So, this is just consuming my mind way too much, so I am not second-guessing my decision. But, I just find it interesting that the biopsy created such pain for 2 months for me.

But, it makes me feel good I'm not the only one out there who has experienced this... although, it seems like all of you either had your surgery before the pain from the biopsy ended or you are still in a lot of pain with a surgery scheduled.

Well.... this will be my last period.... ever!! I'm excited!!!! :-)
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Uterine Biopsy

First, I didn't think anything could hurt like that. The nurse said, take a Tylenol before you come because it will be a little crampy. HA!!!!

After my biopsy, I think I was in the same boat as PrincessN. Cramps and more puddles. I ended up with the depo and now I will have surgery on January 11, 2008. YAY for me.
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Uterine Biopsy

Yay Lovestorun!!!

It's a bon voyage party for your periods!

I would suggest to anyone reading this because they're going for a uterine biopsy to take advil before you go to minimize the cramping.

I had a bit of cramping at the time of the biopsy, and some minimal discomfort the next day but couldn't really say if my following period (my last) was any worse than the ones before because they were all equally horrendous! But now they're a thing of the past! :woot:
Unread 01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Uterine Biopsy

nobody told me how bad the uterine biopsy would be. When I made the appointment, I asked the receptionist if I'd need someone to drive me home, and she said no. I figured it would hurt, but I did not think it'd be comparable to labor pains.

I did not take advil or anything before the biopsy. I just did not expect it to be so bad.

But, it hurt SO bad. I had to breath like I was in labor during the biopsy. And, after it was over, I got dressed, walked out, and I was half-way out the building and I blacked out, broke out into a cold sweat and suddenly got nauseated. It was terrible. I don't know how I did it, but somehow I made it out to my car, and I just sat in my car with the seat reclined for a while, and I gained my composure enough to drive myself home. I went straight to bed when I got home, and told my husband to get the kids from school.

I had NO idea it'd be so bad.... so yes, anyone planning to get a uterine biopsy, take advil or something before the biopsy and take some right after!! Or, plan to have someone drive you...

Luckily, I'll never have to have that done again! HA! :-)

I think sometimes people in the medical profession get so used to doing the same tests over and over again that they forget to tell patients going through it for the first time what to expect because it's so routine...

However, my OB/GYN also told me everyone reacts to it differently. He said some women just have a little cramping and that is it, and some women react like I did... he said he would make sure the front desk told women to take advil or something before-hand. He was a little upset that nobody told me to do that before the appointment....

oh well. It's done and over with. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register