Scheduled LSH Upcoming hysterectomy 1/24: Endometrial cells found during preop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 1/24: Endometrial cells found during preop Upcoming hysterectomy 1/24: Endometrial cells found during preop

Unread 01-17-2017, 08:39 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 1/24: Endometrial cells found during preop

So, I've been scheduled for my hysterectomy for about 3 months now. But I've been good in regards to my nerves.. I've had normal amounts of nervousness but not over the top. Now, within a couple of weeks of my surgery (24 Jan) things seem to be getting kinda nuts and I'm starting to feel like I'm about to lose it. First, my gyn gives me the option of keeping my cervix. I'm leaning towards having it removed, but that's ok I guess. Then, i go through what I hope and pray is my last period - without being able to take Motrin or Aleve. My doctor prescribed Tylenol 3 w/codeine, which only took the edge off. I never realized how bad my periods could get.. it was so awful and I'm still traumatized. THEN, my gyn tells me that endometrial cells were found on my last Pap smear, which was was taken during my preop appointment. So, now I get to look forward to NOT being knocked out during a biopsy that's happening in two days. I'm still very tender and sore from the period so I cannot fathom how the biopsy is going to feel. And besides the pain, I'm terrified of what's going to be found.. is it cancer?! Are they just normal cells? I was spotting when I went for the preop so doesn't that mean those cells would be present? I'm no longer cool, calm and collected about all of this and I'm freaking out. Has anyone else had to deal with this? If so, what was your outcome? I'm really, really afraid now.

Thanks,

Soul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 1/24: Endometrial cells found during preop

I was bleeding heavy during my endometrial biopsy. It's uncomfortable but doesn't last long. The biopsy is routine practice before hysterectomy. Mostly just to rule out cancer. I wasn't suspected of having cancer but still had to have the biopsy. Being over 35 and/or abnormal uterine bleeding is cause for the biopsy.
I'm confused about the endometrial cells found on pap? If you were bleeding at that time I would think the possibility of endometrial cells being found would be high because you are shedding the lining.
Most of these test are precautionary so try not to worry too much. I know it's hard, I remember how stressful it was.
Positive thoughts and prayers for you.
Unread 01-19-2017, 05:20 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 1/24: Endometrial cells found during preop

Yes positive thoughts and prayers for you!!!
Hello I also had a biopsy Dec 19th my surgey is scheduled Feb 6th. Ths biopsy was a little uncomfortable but it was really quick and that made it better. After I had cramping and began spotting for a few days, then after that began a normal period which for me was about 10 days. I am so nerveous about the surgery but when I think about bleeding all those days, being so uncomfortable, the pain all the emotional stress this has caused me.... I am ready to get it over with.
When is your biospy? Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 1/24: Endometrial cells found during preop

Thank you ladies. I got through the biopsy which was on Thursday. It was horrific and very uncomfortable but thank God it was over almost as quickly as it began. I had some cramping throughout the rest of the day and spotting. I was so uncomfortable and was out of the WEAK Tylenol w/codeine and was immensely aggravated that I found some 650mg Tylenol at the freakin' grocery store and felt 100% better after taking that. Why in the world did my doctor prescribe Tylenol with codeine for my last period that was only 300 mg.. I usually take 4 Aleve for relief so that did nothing for me. It was hell. I'm not sure if I could have doubled up on the Tylenol 3's but it would have been nice to know that there were stronger Tylenol at the store. Now the only thing left is the bowel prep in Monday and the surgery on Tuesday. I'm still up in the air about whether to keep my cervix.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register