Any Successful laparoscopic hysterectomy after multiple C Sections? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Successful laparoscopic hysterectomy after multiple C Sections? Any Successful laparoscopic hysterectomy after multiple C Sections?

Unread 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Any Successful laparoscopic hysterectomy after multiple C Sections?

My Story ~
surgery is scheduled for February 19th. I am having Uterus removed due to fibroids, and one is quite large ( 12 cm ). I have had two previous C sections 3 1/2 years apart. Last was with twins 13 years ago, and my recovery was more difficult the second time. I was doubled over for several days, since nurse forgot to get me out of bed to walk! I'm dreading having another nasty scar and having abdominal wall opened up again.

My questions ~
Have any of you with multiple C sections/ abdominal surgeries had a successful LAH?

How many started with LAH and then needed TAH?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Re: Any Sucessful LAH after multiple C Sections?

Sister Unity!
I had a prior myomectomy and two csection and dreaded the idea of a TAH. Lucky for me my surgeon was skilled enough to use the LAH procedure even though my fibroids made my uterus extremely large (over 20 weeks in size if I were pregnant). So yes it can be done sucessfully.
Unread 01-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Re: Any Sucessful LAH after multiple C Sections?

Thanks 2BeMe ~
Glad to hear you had a successful LAH! Unfortunately, yours is the only response I've received so far. Hope to get more feed back to get an idea if others are as fortunate as you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2015, 06:30 AM
Re: Any Successful laparoscopic hysterectomy after multiple C Sections?

Hi!

Yes, me!

I had 2 c sections (also twins, 1999) and a singleton in 2004. Had an ER c section in 2004 due to fetal distress (I wanted a VBAC) and turns out my uterus was so thin and I had a tiny rupture starting. And I also had exploratory abdominal surgery 2000.

I had my LAVH on 1/16. I am doing great! My recovery has been far easier than my other abdominal surgeries.

I did have an episiotomy so the surgeon could deliver my uterus because I did not authorize morcellation.

Good luck! The key is finding a true expert. My surgeon is the Director of the Minimally Invasive Gyno Clinic at a top hospital and these surgeries are all she does all day. Don't go to someone who also delivers babies, does other types of surgery.......they are not specialized enough.

It can be done and I hope it all works out for you too!
Unread 01-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Re: Any Successful laparoscopic hysterectomy after multiple C Sections?

I had a lah 3 weeks ago!The Dr told me she almost had to cut me open because of the size of my fibroid she could not remove my uterus/ fibroid through the vagina,however because of scar tissue from a previous c-section it made things tricky,she had done a biopsy in a pre op visit and decided @ that moment to use morcellation.....My fibroid was consuming my uterus it was the size of a 4-5 month pregnancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register