5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feel like I'm losing my mind | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feel like I'm losing my mind 5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feel like I'm losing my mind

Unread 07-27-2015, 03:04 PM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feel like I'm losing my mind

I am at five weeks today. Had vaginal hysterectomy, wall repair, cystocyle and rectocyle repair and sling and graphs put in. I'm so tired of being home. Infections finally cleared up and I started feeling better. Now I am hurting when I pee again and have severe pain in my left butt cheek for about 12 hours and nothing is helping it. I am sick of this. My kids and husband look at me stupid cuz I'm mad all the time cuz stuff is everywhere . Then when I go to do it they yell. My point is why do I have to tell teenagers and adults there is stuff all over the house. I'm just so over this tired of infections, tired of being in pain.
Tired of crying myself to sleep. When does it get better ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Re: Feel like I'm losing my mind

Aw, Barnes, somsorry to hear you're feeling so rough. I'm only 4 days post, so can't help you on that front, but teenagers apparently are incapable of seeing mess and dirt, and most husbands aren't that good at it either when it's them that has to deal with it. Sending you big hugs and hope your family are able to be more help while you continue to recover, and that you feel much better soon xxx
Unread 07-27-2015, 04:37 PM

I definitely feel your pain! I am at 4 1/2 weeks and am so sick of being home that I tried to go back to work today. Bad idea as I'm now pretty much useless and suspect I've set myself back a bit. I totally get your frustration and all of the things you're feeling. It sucks, it really does, but it will get better. We just have to be patient and hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2015, 04:57 PM

I get it - my husband and 2 teens do not have the same idea of "clean" or "put stuff away"...
And I do not like to remind them constantly and expect them to "just do" it.
So - I had to lower my standards a bit and tell exactly what I wanted them to do.
For example : Please clean the kitchen counter and the cabinets doors. Because otherwise - although clearly visibly dirty - the doors will not happen...

Being home so much also made me somewhat edgy.
Unread 07-27-2015, 05:21 PM
5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feel like I'm losing my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam45 View Post
I get it - my husband and 2 teens do not have the same idea of "clean" or "put stuff away"...
And I do not like to remind them constantly and expect them to "just do" it.
So - I had to lower my standards a bit and tell exactly what I wanted them to do.
For example : Please clean the kitchen counter and the cabinets doors. Because otherwise - although clearly visibly dirty - the doors will not happen...

Being home so much also made me somewhat edgy.
Edgy does not even begin to cover my rash of emotions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register