I am going to try ablation--have questions - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am going to try ablation--have questions I am going to try ablation--have questions

Unread 08-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I am going to try ablation--have questions

I had ablation and the bleeding was worse,
More pain, more laps.

I hope that if you have ablation,
It will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2008, 06:34 AM

I had an ablation and it worked for abut a year. I was so disappointed when I started having terrible periods again. The cramping after the ablation were horrible, but the recovery time was quick. I have put off this hysterectomy for nearly a year. Part of me wishes I'd never had an ablation. Of course that is hindsight. Good luck with your choice.
Unread 08-25-2008, 08:23 AM

I could not imagine having an ablation w/o general anethesia. It was a short recovery period over the next couple of days, but I was put out for the procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM

Hello,
I had Novasure 4/08 for large clots & prolonged bleeding. It helped with my bleeding but the pain was so bad I couldn’t function I was still bleeding behind the scar tissue from the ablation. I have never been in so much pain in my life. The Dr that did the Novasure said I was fine there was nothing wrong with me, so I fired him and went to another Dr. he did an ultrasound and found out what was going on and told me I need a hysterectomy. I suffered for 3 month and became very sick, if only my first Dr would have listened to me.
The very next after surgery I felt so much better I was in pain but the pain was from my surgery. Good luck to you.
Unread 08-27-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenof213
I could not imagine having an ablation w/o general anethesia. It was a short recovery period over the next couple of days, but I was put out for the procedure.
I hear that ...that woman obviously had a woo hoo of steel lol...
Unread 08-27-2008, 05:12 PM

I had an ablation in June 07 and it ended up being useless. In my case it was explained that most likely the cells (adnomyosis?) were probably growing deep into my uterus and the ablation can't go that deep. I noticed it didn't work when I was back to same ole heavy periods by the next month.
Unread 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM

I had a d&c then the ablasion and then a hysterectomy all with in 4 months the d&c was a joke didnt do anything for me and the ablasion I had right in the doctors office they told me I would have minor cramping just like i did when I got my period but I ended up in the ER 3 hours later with the worst back pain and ended up being admitted that night and a month after that dr told me I should have the hysterectomy for me I wish I did that first but I now think of the time and money I wasted by doing the first thing first, the total time from work from when I had the d&c till the recovery time for the hysterectomy seemed like forever. I hope it works for you

God Bless
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM

I had an ablation done in 2005. It was the best thing I did. Recovery was a breeze went to my son's hockey game that night. Just felt a little crampy the next day. I have had lots of problems with bleeding before the surgery.
After surgery had a little each month but only needed a pantyliner.Which was way better than laying flat for a day or two because I was bleeding so bad. I recommend this to all my friends who have bleeding issues.
I just had a TVH 2 weeks ago due to other problems. Cervic was falling and pushing on bladder and bowel. I also teach and cannot go back till atleast 4 weeks. Hope this info helps.
Unread 09-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Hi,

I had an ablation for heavy and prolonged bleeding, I had an overnight stay in hospital but only because my surgery was about 5 pm and I never came out of recovery until gone 7 because of sickness.

I was up and about as soon as the anaesthtic wore off and taking things easy for about 2/3 weeks later. Im now 7 months post op and unfortunately I am one of the 30% that it was not satisfactory for, the bleeding has been reduced but I am still suffering from pain which has now been put down to endometriosis.

I also had the merina coil fitted at the same time which is supposed to reduce bleeding which I guess it has reduced the bleeding.

But other than my complications I would reccommend the ablation to people if I was asked as I was up and about and pretty much ok straight after. I just didnt do any heavy lifting or hoovering for a week or so.
Unread 09-07-2008, 12:09 PM

I had my thermal ablation almost 3 years ago and it has been wonderful until 8 months ago. After I had it done(quick recovery) I did not bleed but for one day every 4 or 5 months and it was nothing. I went from changing my Extra Super tampon and a pad every 5 to ten minutes for 4 days to only using one regular tampon for one day every 4 or 5 months. Eight months ago I started to get very intense pains along with a period every month. Still it wasn't a big deal. 3 months ago I started to have the same symptoms butevery two weeks with spotting in between. I recently went to my doctor because the pain and the frequency of it and bleeding is getting ridiculous. He has suggested a hysterectomy because we have ruled out any infection and many other possible causes. Last week he tried to do a biopsy of my uterus but the scar tissue made it impossible for him to do this. He is stumped as to why the scar tissue showed up now. I feel that a possible reason is that I just lost 51 pounds in the last 8 months and evrything outside and inside has shunk causing what scarring I did have to meet.
Anyway to get back on subject I had great success with the thermal ablation and would recommend this less invasion procedure before a hysterectomy. I was one of the 70% success rate for over two years.
Good luck with whatever you decide and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
LujunaM55

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register