Not as tough as i thought i was - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not as tough as i thought i was Not as tough as i thought i was

Unread 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Re: Not as tough as i thought i was

I'm right there with you. My kids are preteens and I've been done so long. Now, it's like the decision has been made for me. I was one that thought about having another at some point, but this will make me feel so much better. I'll be able to take the kids for walks again and all. For that, I am grateful! Imagine, we're all going to basically take our lives back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2011, 07:23 PM

Cabby, I'm with ya. Mine is a week away and I spent the better part of last week on my last cycle, bleeding to death and in severe pain, yet crying over having the upcoming surgery.

I think for me it is the fact that it is the part of me that carried my babies for 9 months. Kinda like if it goes the kids go. My girls are 24 and 21 and I have two stepsons in their 30s. It's bittersweet to say the least. I like you know it is the rational thing to do, but like others here we are women and it is emotional.

After I cried all last week I got a call from my doctors office stating my insurance may not cover it!! I CRIED HARDER! But, it was approved yesterday and I felt so relieved. Now, I'm nervous and emotional again. We women just can't win!

I hear very positive things from family and friends who have had to have a hysterectomy, so every time I get down, I think of how relieved I will be once it's done.

Hang in there! We will get through it and be happy we did it!
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:28 PM

My heart goes out to you, ladies. I am 59 years old, post-menepausal and had a grade 4 prolapse, the worst it can get. I knew this was the best plan of action for me, but doggone, I've had these parts in me for 59 years! Even I feel the loss. But two years ago, I had breast cancer, and lost 1/4 of my left breast during the lumpectomy. Along with that, I also lost the cancer, so we have to do what we must to get well and feel good again. And you will! Stay positive. A positive attitude goes a long way toward your healing. You have every right to be mad, sad, or glad, whatever helps you get through this life altering change. But remember, thousands of sisters have gone before you, and we are feeling wonderful!!! My prayer is that you will too! Good luck, sisters. See you soon on the other side! Heal well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Cabby, I'm going in on nest tuesday....and my greatest fear is my sex life after this is all over. I hear ya! My libido has been in the crapper for 2 years and I am going to a wreck should I not be able to ever have the big O, and if I have pain, and if I have no desire. My Dr said that's not an issue, but i've read (maybe too much) about those who do have problems with libido. Then, I hear women who say this is the best thing they've ever done. One lady said "tuesday is your birthday" it's the best present you'll ever give yourself" Every body is different, but I pray and hope that when I come out on the other side I'm yearning for some action with my man. I read a post somewhere about a woman here just wanting to tell her husband to divorce her and find someone who meets his needs. OMGosh....I have those fleeting thoughts. I do believe that we will find products that will help us in this dept, should we need it. Be well
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:11 AM

you girls are the best! i know it may seem shallow when some people hear im worried about our sex life. But we have such a great one. we are so compatible and we enjoy each other so much. i am afraid of anything that might screw that up. i know its not the majority of what a relationship is about but i also know after 2 marriages that a crappy sex life sure can screw one up.

And i mentioned when i went to see my dr that i heard that the vajayjay can be "shorter" after and cause pain during sex. She said if a Dr knew what they were doing and didnt remove any, just sewed it up behind the cervix then there is no reason for it to be shorter. I left it at that. i was too embarassed to say "hey lady my man is blessed if you know what i mean so dont make it so it dont fit anymore!" lol

And i know it may be TMI... but when we have sex... i dont know if i am just odd or what... but... 1. i can only "O" from external stimulation. 2. What seems to make the O stronger and sends me over the edge... i like feeling him "bump" me as i have heard some people call it. I guess thats my cervix in there he's bumpin. lol So do i loose that pleasure after this procedure? Surely i would if that isnt there anymore. So i am afraid that will make the O completely different.

And then there's pain medications. I was on hydrocodone for a long time for my kidney problem. And it was a BEOTCH coming off of them after i healed up. Horrible withdrawls and my body ached and i was not sleeping. I am sooooo not looking forward to pain medications. again.

god the list goes on doesnt it. **blushes**
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:37 AM

Count me in, I too have the same worries and anxiety. My op is 22nd August and here I am wishing it was tomorrow. I have been truly blessed to have a wonderful family, 3 grown kids and terrific hubby who will be my support system and all you wise ladies with so much advice. I am grateful that we live in a time when this type of surgery is possible and something can be done to fix problems such as mine. (Constant bleeding for months on end, fibroids, multiple ovarian cysts,etc) Can you imagine how other women suffered many years ago??? Anyway too all the ladies here I wish you blessings and positive thoughts for a quick and healthy recovery.
Unread 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM

I am glad that my bf of 3 years now... is so understanding and so sweet. he takes good care of me. and even tho i worry about embarassing things i know he handles them way better than i do. lol
Unread 07-29-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi67 View Post
Cabby, I'm with ya. Mine is a week away and I spent the better part of last week on my last cycle, bleeding to death and in severe pain, yet crying over having the upcoming surgery.

I think for me it is the fact that it is the part of me that carried my babies for 9 months. Kinda like if it goes the kids go. My girls are 24 and 21 and I have two stepsons in their 30s. It's bittersweet to say the least. I like you know it is the rational thing to do, but like others here we are women and it is emotional.

After I cried all last week I got a call from my doctors office stating my insurance may not cover it!! I CRIED HARDER! But, it was approved yesterday and I felt so relieved. Now, I'm nervous and emotional again. We women just can't win!

I hear very positive things from family and friends who have had to have a hysterectomy, so every time I get down, I think of how relieved I will be once it's done.

Hang in there! We will get through it and be happy we did it!
That's exactly how I feel about the surgery! A loss. My uterus helped bring our two boys (now 21 and 17) into this world! I'm kinda attached to it (no pun intended!) But I know it has to be done so I'm coming to terms with it. I've been reading about keeping your cervix or not. After all of the wonderful posts, I am going to keep it- it's still healthy. I'm still nervous about it all. I also have SMA type III (spinal muscular atrophy) which cause great weakness. I'm worried that being down for recovery will make my weakness worse. Just wish is was all over with.
Unread 07-29-2011, 12:53 PM

i know what you mean about wishing it was over with. i have a mountain of things to do at work and home before surgery day. But nerves are killing me. 3 more weeks. sigh.
Unread 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM

Cabby, I have had two orgasms in my life from mere penetration. Mine are external...but I can have them over and over....I get your post. And sex is very important...probably more important to my man...but I love him so much that i rarely deny him with intercourse or with oral...Even with this beast inside of me...and the pain it caused in most positions. I'm so hopeful that the sex will feel good again...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register