TVH 8 weeks post hysterectomy - recurrent UTIs, kidney infections; ovarian cysts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post hysterectomy - recurrent UTIs, kidney infections; ovarian cysts 8 weeks post hysterectomy - recurrent UTIs, kidney infections; ovarian cysts

Unread 07-27-2015, 01:27 PM
8 weeks post hysterectomy - recurrent UTIs, kidney infections; ovarian cysts

Hi All,

After reading hyster sisters since before my surgery I've finally plucked up the courage to post myself.

I'm currently 8 weeks post op and live in the UK.

I've a follow up appointment with my consultant this week and was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on what's normal and what isn't.

I have had antibiotics every week since discharge for recurrent urine/ kidney infections after completing my current course I'm still experiencing pain in the kidney area worse after using the bathroom.

A recent ultrasound showed 5 ovarian cysts in total 2 on the left and 3 on the right all measuring roughly 2cm and finally the right side of my stomach is considerably swollen I'm unsure whether to mention this or if this is normal.

Thank you for reading my super long post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Re: Newbie Advice please

I'm glad you decided to post your question. While some women do get UTIs after hysterectomy, having them consistently is fairly unusual. Did you have cultures done to confirm the infections? If you have swelling of only one side of your stomach, I would think it's at least worth mentioning. I hope someone who has had ovarian cysts comes along and shares what she did. If it were me, I think I would mention it all just to be sure your consultant is aware of everything. I wish you the best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register