first outing by myself today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

first outing by myself today first outing by myself today

Unread 02-03-2006, 05:49 PM
first outing by myself today

Today I decided that I desperately needed to get out of the house ''alone.'' Did a little grocery shopping and went to the ever present Wal-Mart. I was a good princess and didn't lift anything or twist. I have to admit I did push a cart. It was so good to get out and also to drive. I had only driven about a mile to the little store by my house. Town is 12 miles. I feel pretty good, a little sore but nothing too bad. I have my pain pills handy in case it gets worse.
I stopped by at work to say hello. My manager told me that my boss had sent me an E mail to see if I could come in for an hr a day to do the books. HAHAHAHAHA
Not only would she have to pay me cash and enough to compensate for the drive(I am getting state dissability) but the office is up a steep flight of stairs and that is one of the restrictions from my Dr. Found out the boss is going on a cruise and will not be there to help. They hired an new girl on my last day because I was going to be gone and another girl had given her notice a month before. There was so much thrown at the new girl at once that she doesn't think she can handle doing the books. Oh well I want to make sure I make a full recovery. I don;t think my boss would like it if I was out longer because I did something I shouldn't. She was back at work after 4 weeks with her hyst and refused to take time off for breast cancer treatments. Not everyone is like that and she is an owner. Wonder if the realization that I am needed will get me more money. I sure don't make enough for what I do but other then that I love my job. Will go back when the time is right. Go back to the Dr. on the 22nd so it will d*****ately be after that.
Once again thankyou for being here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Ha!

And here I thought I was the only one who worked in an insane office!

Stick to your guns! You absolutely have the right to a full recovery, even if your boss was too stupid to realize that importance for herself. And, it's her business, not yours.

My DH and I were running errands while I was off (I took off 4 wks), and he asked if I wanted to stop by the office. I said, "Are you crazy?! They'll see me and think I'm ready to come back!?" They somehow managed without me, and your office will, too!!!

Glad to hear your first venture out alone went well. Just continue to take it easy and listen to your body.
Keep behaving!!!!

Hugs!
monami
Unread 02-03-2006, 06:58 PM
first outing by myself today

Hurray for your first outing alone! I'm sure it felt great to get out & do some shopping after being confined to the house & it must have been a lot of fun. Take your time about going back to work. You'll know when you feel ready.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register