I am ready for next week ...but..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am ready for next week ...but..... I am ready for next week ...but.....

Unread 07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I am ready for next week ...but.....

My surgery is almost 1 week away and trust me I am ready. I am tired of being in pain. I have pre-op this friday and I am a ball of nerves, mixed emotions, and just wondering about the aftermath of hormones.

I know it is normal to fill this way. I thought I would be ok as I need it and I am ready. But I am so nervious about having to go through HRT and worried about how my body and sex drive will react.

I know it is superficial to think about your sex drive but I enjoy being intimate with my husband. What if I can reach the big O now? WHat if I have no drive at all? What if i turn into this crazy yelling crying lady?

I know I can not predict the future but boy I wish I could. It would make this much easier! Sorry for the whiney post but I just wanted to vent and get it off my chest. Hubby doesnt understand like you ladies!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 05:44 PM

I think many of us wonder about how this surgery will affect us and we should, as it is major surgery and trauma to the body.

I did not have any problems in that area and hrt (vivelle dot patch) did well for me. Your doctor will say everything is ready at 6 weeks , but I found it better around the 8-12 week time. We are all different so just focus on healing, taking it easy and being a during your post-op recovery.

Best wishes on your surgery.

s
Unread 07-08-2008, 06:08 PM

hey hystertwin, I'm ready too. lets go to the castle and get better fast. we'll do great!
huggles chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 06:15 PM

I talked in length with my doctor about this especially the sex drive issue, He told me that most of the time when women lose their sex drive it's due to the psycological aspect of knowing that you can't have children. I had a tubal ligation several years ago and had found that I had a stronger sex drive after. As for the crazy yelling, crying woman give yourself a reasonable amount of time to grieve the loss and if you need to get some counseling. I have talked to a few people that have had this done and felt depression had a few months of counseling and feel wonderful now. Hearing all these stories from my friends and co-workers that have gone through this has been a great help for my emotional and mental state.
Hope this helps and best wishes.
Unread 07-08-2008, 11:21 PM

sportychick,

Vent away...we all need it from time to time and that's what we are here for - giving and getting support. As for advice...I've got nil. I'm just as scared and worried as you. My sex drive (and my DH's) has plummeted over the years just because it got to where it hurt so much afterwards. Doctors told me it was not big deal...suggested I try different positions (DUH) and 1 said take an Advil an hour or so before....Got to love that one...nothing as hot as scheduling your intimacy around a drug kicking in. Compared to all the problems I've been having I figure it can only get better.

You can't turn into the Crazy, Yelling, Crying lady - it has been filled - I took over that position as of January and won't be ready to release it for awhile . In fact, the Crazy and Yelling part I took over at birth (hehehehehe) and will probably retain much of that for a LONG time. God bless my DH.

Keep venting, and reading, and asking questions - especially when you try to figure out all your HRT stuff - the ladies here will, I'm sure, be one of your greating sources of advice and information.

And if you need to vent...just holler...we're here.

Blessings,
TANK
Unread 07-09-2008, 01:24 AM

Sportychick, I wish you the very best... My op is on the 15, so a couple days before you... I will be thinking of you, I know what your feeling right now... You and all the other sisters are in my thoughts....
Unread 07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Ready for next week but...

Sportychick I wish you all the best!

I know just what you're going through!

Recovery really is a huge and kinda scary mystery because we really don't know how our bodies will react to all of this. I've just finished my final period and even though I've all but lost my own sex drive, I am truly looking forward to having a renewed sense of myself as a woman who is no longer dominated by her troublesome uterus, KWIM? I'm counting on that making the biggest difference!

For now, pray, stay busy, and focus on what you know will be the good that comes out of this. And there will be lots!!
Unread 07-09-2008, 09:32 AM

Thanks ladies!! You do help a lot!

And Tank - you are so funny!! Thanks for the chuckle... can't I share the title with you for a few days?
Unread 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM

Wishing you lots of luck and fast healing!!!

As far as sex/intimacy goes, I was TERRIFIED about how I would feel post-op.

We are still unable to have intercourse as I am only about 5 weeks post op, HOWEVER we have kissed and played a bit, and there was NO problem at all with getting excited! I have even been able to have the big O a couple times!!!

Three more weeks before being able to have sex, but the desire is definitely there and has been for a while!!!!
Unread 07-09-2008, 11:45 AM

Traci - I went through the very same thing before surgery! I may have even posted a vent here about being afraid... I can't remember! Anyway, as far as the intimacy goes, there is nothing wrong with being afraid of what will happen! Intimacy is a very important part of our lives, nothing wrong with that. Since my surgery, 6 weeks ago, I've not been able to resume those activities yet, but the desire has absolutely been there! I kept my ovaries and I'm still having hot flashes and such, but that is fading. If you are losing your ovaries just have an open and honest discussion with your doctor about your concerns! I haven't been able to have intercourse yet, but lets just say things are absolutely in working order

I hope it helps to hear from some of us on the other side! Good luck next week!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register